• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Royalty

davidfowler

Exiled Brummie
Not really MY memories - much too young !!
A relative gave me these. Apparently children were presented with them on special occasions. They were small tins,
6 1/4" x 1 3/4" x 1/2" which contained a bar of Cadbury's chocolate. The first was for the Silver Jubilee of King George V and Queen Mary May 6th 1935 and the second to commemorate the Coronation of King George V and Queen Elizabeth May 12th 1937. As the card from 1935 states it came from Birmingham City Council but I'm not sure if they were just in Birmingham or if they were sent all across the UK.

I have never seen these before. How nice of your relative to give them to you. Thank you for posting them.
Polly

David they are lovely I like Polly have never seen these before. A wonderful piece of Cadbury history.

Back