• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Royal Warwickshire 1/8 Battalion

Gott61,

Do you know if he survived WW!, if he married. or when or where he died?

Maurice

Believe he survived the war, but he seems to have been sent to Coventry by the family, for reasons unknown.
I've found one 2584 Arthur Moore that may be him but can't find anything concrete to link him yet.

Believe he survived the war, but he seems to have been sent to Coventry by the family, for reasons unknown.
I've found one 2584 Arthur Moore that may be him but can't find anything concrete to link him yet.
I've also found a 1911 cencus with Arthur, his mother Emma and a Nellie Calcott, if Nellie became is wife I don't know.

Gott61,

There are over 1000 Arthur Moore's on the WW1 Medal Rolls on Ancestry - you really need to check whether he appears on the Absent Voters List for Coventry.

Maurice

There is a family tree on familysearch that gives his death as 21 Mar 1918 in WWI. The only Arthur Moore listed to have died on that date was a Gunner in the Royal Horse Artillery, service number 87276. Unfortunately there are no more details.

No idea how accurate that tree is.

I think I've found him in 1939 living with a lady called Elizabeth 139 Beak Avenue Coventry
She is older with two children of a different name,
This maybe why the family had nothing to do with him,

Gott61,

I agree that this could be him on the 1939 Register, but the birth must have been registered late unless the 1939 register has the wrong birth year. No children shown though - just the two of them living at number 139.

EDIT: There's a marriage to Elizabeth Brown at Coventry in the 2 Qtr 1917 Vol 6d Page 1180,
but how does thuis fit in with his WW1 Service I wonder?

Maurice

Last edited:
I think I've found him in 1939 living with a lady called Elizabeth 139 Beak Avenue Coventry
She is older with two children of a different name,
This maybe why the family had nothing to do with him,
Beake Avenue is a very long road in the Radford district if this is of help.

I would like to know the 22 survivors from the 1/8th Royal Warwickshire Regiment Battle of the Somme, I believe their Regiments flag is laid up at St. Martins in the Field Birmingham. I am C/Sgt Frederick's Grandson and while at senior school met a close friend of his who taught History an was an ex RFC fighter Pilot.

Back