• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Royal Warwicks 15th Battalion

AnnS

master brummie
Would anyone be able to explain what the patch on my Grandfathers sleeve represented?043.jpg

Last edited:
I've never seen this badge before but to me it looks like a snake, entwined around the upright of a letter 'B'. I have seen a similar thing, related to the medical profession, which is a snake entwined around a staff and am wondering if this is a trade badge for some sort of medic. Most trade badges appear only on the left sleeve, interestingly, this one appears on both.

I have just received an answer from the Royal Warwicks museum regarding the sleeve patch
on my grandfathers WW1 uniform.

Apparently the symbols on the patch are 'SB' which stands for stretcher bearer, so Maypolebaz in post #2
was correct in his assumption.

But, as is so often the case, the answer to this question throws up yet another to solve.

And Janice thank you for your advice, i am glad i did as you suggested....

Back