• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Royal George Tavern, Park Street/Digbeth

The Ship from the Royal George went back to the brewery, who then put it in storage......how do I know, well when it closed on the door was the plaque saying who was the licensees, and my great uncle Robert Burrows was licenced from late 1930's till his death in 1954, his wife Gladys then took it over for 12 months.....the plaque on the door was still there with his name on in the early 1990's and I phoned the brewery to see if I could have it, they did say yes if I could get it off, I tried to no avail, I enquired about the ship and that's when they said it would go into storage! There is a lovely write up in the book "The Bullring" about the pub, and Bob Burrows's parrot, also included is the "ratcatcher" from the market!
Sorry for the late reply, but thank you very much on the information regarding the Ship from the Royal George, it will be interesting to see if the Brewery will use this statue again. regards Elaine.

Back