• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Royal Field Artillery

skylark

Proud to be a Brummie !!
May I ask for help & advice please on finding info on the following chappie. Sadly I no longer have access to the records on Ancestry so my search has come to a full stop.

LEONARD WARD HARRISON b 1898 in B'ham

Army No: 113450

Gunner in Royal Field Artillery. 26th Reserve Battalion.

Leonard lost an eye, but did survive the War.

I believe he was on the Absent Voters list in 1918.

Not a lot of info I am afraid, but any extra info will be much apppreciated.

Many Thanks.
Margaret.

i dont know what you wanted to know margaret. he is on the 1918 absent voters list as you say, listed at 1 court 3 alcester street
then in 1920 at same address with abraham and helen harrison
in 1922 as above
in 1925 same address with abraham, helen paulina and horace charles harrison
in 1930 same address with abraham, helen paulina, horace charles, frederick and dora harrison
in 1935 at 9 carcroft rd. with abraham, helen pauline, charles horace, frederick, phoebe, edith and constance sylvia harrison
in 1939 at above address with abraham, helen pauline, charles horace, raymond arthur, phoebe and constance sylvia harrison.

i cant find service records for leonard but there is a medal card for him on ancestry

in 1911 they were at 3 court 1 house alcester st.
abraham harrison 41 porter market
helena 37
leonard 13
helena 11
horace 9
dora 7
frederick 4
phoebe 1

plus a lodger violer reeves 21.

all b. bham abraham and helena had been married 14 yrs and had had 6 children, all living.

in 1901 they were at 3 court 1 alcester st.

abraham harrison 31 fruiterer green
hellen 27
leonard 3
hellen 1

all b. bham . if you want anymore backwards let me know

Hello Shera, apologies ! I should have made it clearer that it is info relating to his WW1 Army records that I am keen to locate. I do have the 1901/11 census details & Electoral Roll addresses etc. that relate to Leonard Harrison. Apologies once again.

Margaret.

thats ok margaret. there is his medal card on ancestry but unfortunately cant see any service records for him

Thanks for that Shera, it was always going to a gamble that his records were available, I had thought that as Leonard lost an eye in WW1 he might have been eligible for a War pension ????

Margaret.

Ah well..par for the course with my research ! I appreciate all your time & trouble in looking for him. Many Thanks.

Margaret.

Back