• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Royal Artillery 68th Field Regiment - WW2

Mayfield

Burbury Brummie
Here are some old photographs of my dad plus mates of the 68th Field Regiment Royal Artillery during WW2. Group photograph believed to be in France? I hope they are of interest to anyone?

Keith

Thanks Wendy - I would love to find out the name of my dads best mate (pictured with him) during the war?

If only I had listened to him while he was alive....................

Keith

Hi my grandad was in this regiment he told us he was the only one who survived ,i have some pictures of him with some friends but they are not to good .
His name was john (jack) Murray when his battery was hit he was demobed to training.He died this week aged 97 years .
He talked about being on the maginot line in france.
Hope to hear from you soon.
[email protected]

Keith,
Is there any chance you could post your photographs of your dad again as it would appear they have been lost. I have a friend who's father served in the 68th Field regiment but he sadly died in Italy in 1945.
He has little or no recollection of his father so any old photographs would be great to see.
Regards

Sorry for not responding sooner. I will try and load the photographs in a few days:untroubled: mabz

Hello Keith

I have just stumbled onto your post. Do you think you could possible attach some of your photographs of you dad and his mates in the regiment. I have just found out that my dad was also in this regiment. I have no photographs of my dad in the war or when he was younger. My older sister recently received his war documents as we are completing a family tree. Many thanks.

nor me,

bit off this topic but has anybody heard of the 428 Batt in birmingham in 1939, found that my Grandfather who lived in Penden road Yardley Wood was one of them, he would of been 44 years old in 1939 so 428 Batt was probably, may of been, some sort of Home guard tried looking them up but no record anywhere , any ideas please

That is most likely because the photos were originally posted before the site was hacked. See note at top of page.

Janice
Thanks for the info Janice.
Do you have any idea where i can view these pictures?
I recently got my Dads medals from the MOD as a present for my Mom and should he be on these pictures it would make her year.
Thanks again anyway.
David

Sorry - no. People have worked hard to put photos back but it depends if the original poster is still a member, still has the photo or if someone else downloaded a copy. As someone else asked about the photos in #7 in 2013 and they are still not back it seems unlikely at the moment.

Janice

Back