• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Rowles or Williams Amelia

robert

master brummie
Just been on the 1921, cant find grandmother, everyone else is on there a few new addresses and Bertie has been renamed Betsy. Frustrating about grandmother.

Its an ongoing story Mws, Amelia Rowles she has taken that surname from her partner her legal name is Amelia Williams her maiden name was Vaness born Birmingham abt1872. In 1915 she is living in cotheridge Worcestershire. Her common law husband is James Rowles who on the 1921 census has acquired a middle name Ross ,everyone else listed falls into place except Amelia's not with them.

There does seem to be quite few errors so difficult to say if she is somewhere else and her details have been recorded incorrectly or she wasn't recorded for some reason.

Had a similar problem with my great grandparents, great grandmother and children were where I expected in Aston but without great grandfather, who I subsequently found in the Coventry workhouse.

Hopefully your grandmother will turn up (hopefully though not in a workhouse).

Edit. Posts referred to have been moved to the Surname interests sub section.

Last edited by a moderator:
She does turn up, her death is recorded Birmingham 1937 she is buried in Yardley Cemetery
Thanks MWS.

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Back