• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Round/Spiers Family

Hi,

I am researching my maternal side and I am struggling to find any information on my Great Grandfather Joseph Round who died 22/02/1950 an is interred at Yardley Cemetary. He had a daughter Rose Round who married William Spiers. If anyone has any information I would be grateful. I have tried searching on the Find Graves website but nothing has come up so not sure if he actually has a grave or if his ashes are scattered on the lawns like my Granddad/grandmother.

Hi,

I am researching my maternal side and I am struggling to find any information on my Great Grandfather Joseph Round who died 22/02/1950 an is interred at Yardley Cemetary. He had a daughter Rose Round who married William Spiers. If anyone has any information I would be grateful. I have tried searching on the Find Graves website but nothing has come up so not sure if he actually has a grave or if his ashes are scattered on the lawns like my Granddad/grandmother.

hello emma and welcome..if all else fails you could try contacting yardley cemetary...i have always found them very helpful...they should be able to tell you if your gt grandad was buried or cremated and give you the grave number...in most cases they can email you a map...of course with the way things are at the min i cant be sure how they are fixed right now for enquires but its worth a go

lyn

Thank you - I will check the link out and see what I can find. I will try calling the cemetary Monday but I am assuming the office may not be there due to the current climate.

Back