• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Rotunda

In the 1980s / 1990s when it was sponsored by Coca Cola. It also used to have the time on it (pre-refurbishment).

Photo on Skyscraper City (not mine) By MartianG

Rotundaatnight.jpg

This one found on Twitter

B83pnfdIUAEhbNk.jpg

Blimey Ell that's a blast from the past! I remember the digital time too. They should have kept that when it was refurbed. There were others around the city centre too. Thanks. Viv.

Blimey Ell that's a blast from the past! I remember the digital time too. They should have kept that when it was refurbed. There were others around the city centre too. Thanks. Viv.

I think the clock and Coca Cola sign had long since come down (early to mid 1990s?) by the time of the refurb in the 2000s.

I had a friend who was training to be an architect and one of his first jobs was working with the group who designed the Rotunda, I think he had to design door knobs or something and moved quickly on. Incidentally there is a round hotel in Honolulu on Oahu called the Circle Hotel, it faces across the road Waikiki beach, staying in a room with curved walls is a strange sensation. I was told it was one of the first modern hotels on the island
Bob

Here’s the big guy in front of the Rotunda. There’s a handy pint glass on his right arm - just about his size. Did this ‘fill up’ ? Viv.

D72CE5E4-C93F-4FE7-BD31-426FC34D4438.jpeg

One of my friends worked in an office at the top of the Rotunda before the referbishment. She said it used to shake when the trains went under

Back