• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Rose Villa Tavern

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had any photos to share it would be lovely to see. I remember when my nan and Grandad (John and Irene Mousely) were publicans in the 80s and would love to see some old pics to bring back childhood memories spent there.

Last edited:
Hi would of loved to been at the Rose villa, it was a place I often visited when younger (in the 80s) when my nan and Grandad ran the pub (Jonh and Irene) would be lovely to see some old pics to bring back childhood memories

thats great kieron i am sure that claire will love that photo which of course includes the now demolished buildings to the left of pub

lyn

Claire, I have painted many of Birmingham's pubs including the Rose Villa Tavern, attached

Attachments

• Rose Villa tavern (2).jpg
    Rose Villa tavern (2).jpg
    92 KB · Views: 17
  • Rose Villa tavern (2).jpg
    Rose Villa tavern (2).jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 13
We have another thread for the Rose Villa Tavern, so I shall merge the two threads. Viv.

Edit. Threads now merged. There may be earlier unseen posts now included in this thread. Viv.

The Rose Villa Tavern in the 70’s

Source lost pubs of Brum

Attachments

• 9F62BFEC-E3FE-4A4B-B2E5-636D03871B79.jpeg
    9F62BFEC-E3FE-4A4B-B2E5-636D03871B79.jpeg
    503.9 KB · Views: 13
I thought it was still open so why is/was it on "lost pubs"? Perhaps it closed for a while.
As others have posted it has had several tenants / owners , and undergone refurbs none that thankfully have taken away the victorian glazed windows and architecture.
last time I was in the was Xmas 10 years ago , as I went to Marlows opposite to get a present.

Back