• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Rose H Rogers

Ron Rogers

master brummie
Could someone please look up Rose H Rogers (could also be Rosehannah Rogers ) in the 1851 and 1841 census's
I am trying to find out other members of the family, in the 1861 census she is listed as the head (aged 60) , with a son James (aged 30) his wife Ruth (aged 30), William g/son and two g/Dau Rose H and Charlotte both aged 4

the info should help me trace a connection with my Rogers family

Many Thanks

Ron

Sparkhill Lad

master brummie
Outside Census County (1841

ROGERS Henry M 55 Tobacconist Outside Census County (1841) ROGERS Catherine F 40 Outside Census County (1841)
ROGERS Roseina F 12

Sparkhill Lad

master brummie
Hi Ron

Found a Rosina in 1841 Bath Passage Birmingham, are we on the right track assuming we are searhing for Birmingham she is twelve on this census
taken from Freecen
Father Henry, 55 a tobaconist
Mother Catherine age 40

Ron Rogers

master brummie
Thanks Thomas
Sorry I should have put Birmingham Possibly at 33 Cottage Row (?) in 1851 Rose H Rogers (?? Rosehannah,Rose Hannah Rogers) Rose would be aged 50 in 1851 and 40 in 1841

Ron

Sparkhill Lad

master brummie
1841 1851 cannot fnd her, but there is a Rose H Rogers age 60 bn 1801 living in Birmingham.
As my paid subs are out of date now I can only rely on free sites so info is limited, but this does look like her.

Good luck with your search

jukebox

Engineer Brummie
Hi Ron.
In 1841 she appears to be known as Hannah aged 40 living with James (40), James (10) and William (2). Living in Nineveh(?) Not sure where this is or was but it appears to be off Soho Road. Can anyone help with this????
In 1851 she is listed as Rosanna, the other names as above (but all 10 years older!). Address No 74 Ninevah. James (Head of family) Occupation Plater, Rosanna Laundress, James Pearl Worker and William Rivet Maker (at 11 years old!)
Hope this helps.
John

sistersue61

master brummie
Ron,
Nineveh was a hamlet on the outskirts of Handsworth, there was bull baiting there until the 1800's, Bill Dargue wrote about it, see link below
https://billdargue.jimdo.com/placenames-gazetteer-a-to-y/places-n/nineveh/

There are pics on this link of Nineveh road
www.birmingham.gov.uk/cs/Satellite?c=Page...Lib...and

Also. if you type Nineveh Road into the search engine on the top right, it will link you with more threads that mention it, you will need to go through them to find what you want.
Hope this helps,
Sue