• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Rose Field 1895 - 1938

Can you see the occupation of Thomas Henry's father (also Thomas Henry I think) when he marries Mary Ann Rogers in 1880?

Sorry - I didn't have my laptop on.
He was an engine driver.
No idea what Thomas Henry was as I can't read it.
Mary Ann marriage.JPG

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
I've being trying to work out the connection between the George and Charlotte Field (marriage witnesses) to Rose Field and despite him being George Francis rather than George Henry I think he has to be her brother.

There doesn't appear to be a George Francis who it could be and when he marries Charlotte Walker (1910) his father appears to be listed as Thomas. Not sure if other details match.

Also in 1921 Mary Ann Field (mother) appears to be a boarder of Arthur Walker, Charlotte's brother, and they are living at 5 back 141 St Vincent's Street, the address given on Rose's marriage.

Why George Henry became George Francis I don't know.
Was the 1921 info off the census? As I can't find it?

Gen labourer in 1891.
Malster on George's marriage cert.

The witness Robert West appears to be listed as a brewer on the 1881 census, so maybe that explains his change of occupation.

Can't see Thomas Henry before his marriage. There are 3 birth reg. for a Thomas Henry Field around 1859 but he doesn't seem to be any of them.

Back