• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Roscoe Butchers Shop Ladypool Rd

Kevkonk

master brummie
Hello,
I have discovered from some kind people on this site that a friends grandfather lived at 68 :thumbsup:Ladypool Rd, I would like to know if this was their residence or a shop as I know he was a butcher/slaughterman, around 1930's onwards. Ruscoe family name. When we used to visit the son of this person, he always showed us a butchers knife which was actually used in the shop and was many years old, but when he passed on his then partner had dumped a lot of these possessions in the bin before we got a chance to 'save' them.

You don't say when you are talking about. The electoral rolls list Samuel and Ruth dorothy Roscoe at 68 Ladypool road, the only ones listed in the road 1920-55. They are at 6 Wyndhurst rd from 1935 . It does not seem to list a no 6 ladypool road The 1921 directory does not list no 6, but 58 is Mrs Ruth roscoe. dressmaker.
mike

I think Kev meant 68 not 6 ladypool road:)
In 1921 Ruth Ruscoe is at 68 Ladypool Road, Dressmaker.

Suzanne

Back