• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Rosary School Saltley

Macca

master brummie
Hi,

The Rosary School in Saltley was run by the Marist Brothers (an order of Catholic Priests) but that didn't open until the 1930's. The records of all Catholic schools in the Diocese of Birmingham are kept at St Chads Cathedral.

Hope this helps.

Macca:)

Hello Saxon. I was Christened at the Rosary RC Church in August 1933 and later went to that school. we were taught by Nuns and they wore[what I call] Wings [the large white head gear]. I remember my brother saying he remembered a Brother Louis and a Brother Casemere [whom he didn't like]. He started sch. there in about 1936/37 and remembers a Mr.. Saunders. He also remembers A canning of 6 off Bro. Louis and then the Bro. saying 'sorry'. Isn't it strange how one word starts off the memory.

Miriam.

I went to the Rosary school but left when I was eight. I cannot recall a uniform or colour. Miriam.

An impressive memorial of benefactors. Wonder if it’s still at the school. Viv.

8DDA97CD-A3B4-45F7-92E1-11C4544858FE.jpeg

Back