• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Rookery House, Erdington

Ah yes - I've been there already - and to the page about Rookery Park that just gives a postal address for the park. No mention of any Friends group. Maybe Bren's efforts will turn up an address. That or I track down R. Alden.

I am sure Bob Beauchamp is a member of the Friends Of Key Hill and Warstone Lane Cemeteries. If I see him on Saturday I will ask the question.:)

Reply to e-mail --

Hello Brennan

I am sorry i do not have a contact for the Friends of Rookery House Group, but the area parks manager may be able to help you.

Contact; John Biddle on 0121-464-0428

He may be able to give you some information on this matter.

Regards Jan

Janet Shakespeare
Secretary
Friends of Pype Hayes Park and Hall

bren

I am sure Bob Beauchamp is a member of the Friends Of Key Hill and Warstone Lane Cemeteries. If I see him on Saturday I will ask the question.:)
Wendy,
I'd be interested in hearing his answer, and moreso if he can think of any other properties held in Trust by the Council.

For example, I'm guessing that Key Hill cemetery isn't a trust. Am I wrong on that count?

For anyone interested this cutting was taken from the PRIDE IN ERDINGTON magazine.
I'm sure they won't mind

Ah yes - I've been there already - and to the page about Rookery Park that just gives a postal address for the park. No mention of any Friends group. Maybe Bren's efforts will turn up an address. That or I track down R. Alden.

It would appear that Robert Alden has secured £300,000 to stabilise Rookery House, first job will be to make the roof water tight whilst funds are sought for full restoration. Have also heard that some new trees have been planted in the park, perhaps a small start but at least something.

bren

Hi Bren: Thanks for posting the latest news about Rookery House. It's a good start to fix the roof and the new trees will
adda lot to the place.

thats great news shirl..ive just been on the site and unfortunately there are no pics of the properties 69 and 70 gt hampton st...i shall have to do a google walk i think..

thanks for the info shirl..

lyn

i do hope so froth...it would look a fine building again with some work done to it....will keep me eyes on this one too...

lyn

Time is running out for Rookery house it's looking in a sad state. Hope something can be done.

Time indeed time is running out Chris, It's nice to see that they are still making some kind of effort in the gardens.
These are four pictures I took about a month ago.

Dscf5915.jpg

Dscf5927.jpg

Dscf5918.jpg

Dscf5916.jpg

Last edited:
Time indeed is running out Chris, It's nice to see that they are still making some kind of effort in the gardens.
These are four pictures I took about a month ago.

Nice one Bri. Can you imagine the house done up to it's former glory in them gardens

having seen your pics bri it makes it more imperative that this building is saved....i wonder as you and froth live in the area could you keep your eyes on any developements for us please...

lyn

Back