• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ronald Roger Rogers

Ron Rogers

master brummie
I am trying to find a birth date for RONALD ROGER ROGERS, I have a Marriage certificate for him,to Joan Margaret Yates (1947) living at 162 Albert Road Stechford. listing his father as Charles William Rogers (my Great father),and in the presence of Rosina Rogers (my Great Grandmother). My Problem..Ronald R Rogers has never appeared in my reasearch of my family tree. Nor can I find a Birth/Baptism ect ?? for him.
In 1939 he is living with Rosina at 162 Albert Road ??
Any help tracking Ronald appreciated

Thanks

Ron Rogers

What age does he give on the marriage certificate?

Is he Rosina's grandson, Charles William the younger's son?

There is a Ronald Roger Rogers born in 1927 in Birmingham North, mother's maiden name is Beale, would this be the one?

Not sure if this helps but on 1945 electoral roll Ronald Rogers is listed with Rosina Llewellyn and Doris White at 162 Albert Road.
Ronald, Joan and Edward and Gwendoline Mason are listed at that address in 1950.
In 1939 Rosina is with Robert Llewellyn plus Albert and Phyllis Taylor plus Elizabeth Stratton. So presumably Ronald was too young to vote.

Janice

It looks like William Rogers marriedLillianMay Beale24 Dec 1926 Birmingham, St David.

Inote that there were about 9 Ronald R Rogers born in England and 1 in Wales1920 – 1930.

Clarkie

Hi expert brummie,

Ronalds age is given as 25 , bachelor ,employed as a clerk, and living at 162 Albert road ,father's name charles william rogers ,deceased

No charles the younger married lola enid needham and they had three girls no sons listed..???

regards

Ron

Sorry Newbie, that ronald is ronald richard rogers, father William richard rogers,mother lillian may beale

regards

Ron

Hi Clarkie

Further late last night i found a death listing a ronald roger rogers aug 2006. in Brent,Middlesex .born 12 nov 1923 I tried to find this birth but no luck

Most of my tribe were from Birmingham and surrounds

Regards

Ron

There's a birth registered 1st qtr of 1924 in Bedwelty, Monmouthshire for a Ronald R Rogers.

Ronalds age is given as 25 , bachelor ,employed as a clerk, and living at 162 Albert road ,father's name charles william rogers ,deceased

No charles the younger married lola enid needham and they had three girls no sons listed..???

So born about 1921/22 and as Charles William the younger doesn't die until 1969 I think it would rule him out.

However Rosina would seem too old to be his mother which could mean they adopted him - explaining no birth registration - or perhaps he was an illegitimate son of one of their daughters who they were bringing up as their own.

Sorry but I am confused. If your great grandmother is Rosina Rogers who is the Rosina Llewellyn I found at 162 Albert Road on the 1939 and 1945 electoral rolls?

I have found the answer - she married again!!

Janice

Back