• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Romancers are not Romantic

John Young

master brummie
Romancers are dancers of false praise to deceive
real Romantics are Poets sometimes hard to perceive
Verse cannot lie, its rythm is Life
glibness of smooth talk leads eventual strife

The Cad and the Tease, veiled smoke screens to please
yet breaking Hearts only pleasure to these

Poets are singers blending words to Their song
maybe menders of dreams, too often gone wrong

Be they Woman or Man they jointly deliver
such meaningfull prose, inspired,feeling, quiver,
Yes Poets are Lovers, quiet persons we know
Peer Poets conjoined in Loves warming glow

With strength of their soul their Hearts write so tender
reflecting the truth in Loves true splendour
:) John

:D Hey Young John no wonder you "...went to Loose Head" , you would'nt want those 'Fellers' knowing you could write things like this, as I said once before 'Jean Valjean' = 'Monsiseur Madeleine' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris :)

John..John...John..

Superb and profound..
I do so hope you gave the missus a good thrashing after writing this...

THE ROMANTIC POET...

Ah John - very deep and meaningful - keep up with the good work - I think you're on the right track. Pleased you'll follow up on the poetry I sent you. I wonder if Charlie, one of our new members, is in to poetry? I would like to hear her views on your lovely poem.

Keep on writing mate...

Thanks

:oops: Thanks very much for the kind comments from You Gals & Guy :)
This was my first attempt at something (Romantic :roll: ) & a bit worried it may have read "Wimp",,,, daft Eh,, but glad you liked it :oops:

Special thanks & kiss for Kate (Tasmaniac xxx) For guidance &"Browning, , Keats,& Co",,will wait for the "bubbles" to blow again :wink:

ROMANTIC POETRY

Just read your poem again John. I find it really intriguing. You should write more in the same vein. It shows what a sensitive guy you really are :)

Didn't know you had it in you John. . Where have you been hiding - Excellent!

Hoi m8,
I was horrified to read your blatant expression of amour, some things are best kept quiet, pull ya self together ya Tart, me finks ya brains got frazzled, you'll be wearing pink next; kandy went that way, try doing some wrist exercises and get yourself a tool belt from B&Q.

Back