• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Roll of Honour WW1

Dear Elmdon,
They have printed a thousand. I am hoping to sell quite a few this Weekend but there will plenty left. I would love to get to the stage where I can ask National Express to organise another print run. All proceeds go the Royal British Legion.
Doug

My Great Uncle Clarence from Witton was also in the KORR and killed in 1915. He is buried in Colne Valley Cemetery. I have always what he weas doing joining the Rifles and not the Warwicks.I have the batallion diary but therre was no battle on.

Leonard, have a look at "The Long,Long Trail" web site it explains how volunteers and later conscripts were assigned to different regiments. During the first year of the war many volunteers joined up as "Pals Regiments" groups of men, from the same area and sometimes from the same place of work would sign up together and as a result often die together, I once saw a database of causalities from the Aston area, in one instance twenty men died on the same date and eight of these lived in the same street as a result of "pals" enlisting together.

Colin

Hi Elmdon,
£5 and at Kings Heath Junior School Saturday and the Birmingham Transport Ground on Sunday.

poppy wreath 001.JPGgood morning folks..dont forget to spare a thought today for those who paid the ultimate price for our country 100 years ago...god bless each and everyone of them...we will never forget...i shall be going up town soon to the rememberance day parade and laying a wreath at the hall of memory for my rellie and for the many thousands of other brave men...

lyn

Morning Lyn. Glad your wreath was taken inside the Hall. And what a good turnout for the Centenary. Our local service was very well attended too and I notice many young people were involved. As long as we maintain our memorials and keep the generations involved, the people who gave so much won't be forgotten. Viv.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

morning viv i think most places had an extra turnout this year and i was really pleased to see so many youngsters up town yesterday...will post a few piccies later..bit of housework to do now lol

Back