• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

ROGERS Thomas Cecil

Ron Rogers

master brummie
In reference to my last request for Thomas Cecil Rogers, he would not have shown up in the absentee voters roll as he was only 19/20 at the end of the war.

Question now is ,is there any way to find out which unit a soldier, who was under the age of 21, served in during WW1?

Did England have conscription during WW1 and if so was there a register? Draft list for those conscripts and is it available ?

Regards

Ron Rogers

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Thomas Cecil Rogers

Thomas Cecil Rogers number 24891, born 22 September 1897. Served with the Worcestershire Regiment.

He was discharged on 3 April 1916 "Having made a mis-statement as to age on enlistment"

His next of kin was Mrs. Rosina Rogers, 143 Waverley Road, Small Heath.

Evening Suemalings,

Thanks for the info, Howerver this infor i already have ,the research i'm chasing now, is his possible service after April 1916
I have been told ,by my father (now deceased) that Thomas (my Grandfather) saw further service in the army? but under what name ,what unit, and when,or how long he served is unknown,

Thank you again for the info you provided

Regards

Ron

Morning Sue,

Thomas was born 12 June 1899 at 98 Avondale Road, Sparkhill, Yardley,

Regards

Ron

Back