• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

ROGERS Thomas Cecil

Ron Rogers

master brummie
Could some kind person look up the absentee Voters Roll for Thomas Cecil Rogers,
He did volunteer for the army (the Worcestershire Regiment) but was discharged as having understated his age.(Service from oct 1915- April 1916) I am trying to find out if he re-enlisted in the army for service o/seas.
At the time of discharge (the first time) he gave his address as 143 waverley Road Small Heath and his next of kin as his mother Rosina Rogers

Thank you

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ron

Although you probably know where they were in 1911, I have included the census anyway as I can only find Thomas Cecil Roger’s brother, Charles William, on the absent voters roll, the details are below.

1911 census transcription details for: 175 Warwick Road Sparkhill Birmingham
National Archive Reference:
RG14PN18679 RG78PN1115 RD392 SD1 ED41 SN163
Reg. District:
Solihull
Sub District:
Solihull
Parish:
Yardley
Enum. District:
Address:
175 Warwick Road Sparkhill Birmingham
County:
Warwickshire

Name
Relation
Condition/
Yrs married

Sex
Occupation
Where Born
ROGERS, Charles William
Head
Married
M
Gun Machinist
Warwicks Birmingham
ROGERS, Rosina
Wife
Married
18 years
F
Warwicks Birmingham
ROGERS, Charles Willeam
Son
Single
M
Gun Machinist
Warwicks Birmingham
ROGERS, Violet Edith
Daughter
Single
F
Paster
Warwicks Birmingham
ROGERS, Caroline Gladys Mary
Daughter
F
School
Warwicks Birmingham
ROGERS, Cecil Thomas
Son
M
School
Warwicks Birmingham
ROGERS, Clarence
M
School
Warwicks Birmingham

Thomas Cecil Rogers doesn’t appear on the Electoral rolls until 1922 living at 133 Great Francis Street.

Charles William Rogers is on the 1918 absent voters electoral roll living at 147 Waverley Road, Sparkbrook 242220 Pte. 11 Bed. Regt.

In 1919 he is living at 145 Waverley Road, Sparkbrook 242220 Pte. 11 Bed. Regt. He is living with Ivor Bevan Needham 530562 Spr., 10 T. Stores, R.E and Stanley Needham H325109 S.Q.M.T., 1/1 Wor. Yeo.
bewdley

hi ron .
my god mother maried a rogers way back in time i do not knowmuch about her but she is my god mother
she is in her ninetys and almost blind my cousin reads her her mail i will asked her about the guy she maried and asked my cousin whom is her grand father i have to do it by post but one neverknows ; i beleive his name was roger and he named a son after him ;
may be nothink but i will asked about this guy ; to my cousin ; in my god mother lives in aldridge as done so all her married life to a rogers ;
best wishes astonian;;

Evening Bewdley,
Thanks for the info its helps somewhat as Caroline married a Needham,
Ill check the rest if the info as time permits,

Many thanks
Ron

Evening Astonian,
Thanks for the info,
I'm not sure how its all fits together, but could be very intersting, if a link turns up

Regards

Ron

Back