• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Roger M Guise

daverock

master brummie
I am trying to find Roger Guise who went to Waverley Grammar School from 1955-60 & went on to sing with a band called Catch 22 can anyone help with up to date info on where Roger might be please.
Cheers
Dave

westfieldjonn

Brummie babby
Hi Daverock I too am trying to find Roger. I was the drummer in CATCH 22 and we did very well. See www.brumbeat .net go to main index and scroll down to CATCH 22. I was wondering if you were successful with any replies and if you could advise me. We band members are knocking up the years so I would welcome any info. Hope you can advise. Thank you.

westfieldjonn

Brummie babby
Hi Daverock I too am trying to find Roger. I was the drummer in CATCH 22 and we did very well. See <A href="https://www.brumbeat">www.brumbeat</A> .net go to main index and scroll down to CATCH 22. I was wondering if you were successful&nbsp;with any&nbsp;replies and if you could advise me. We band members are knocking up the years so I would welcome any info. Hope you can advise. Thank you.

daverock

master brummie
Hi I have not been at all successful with tracing Roger, I even got someone to check the Musicians Union for anything, did Roger have another job at any time which might give us a lead. I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers. Dave

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is a Roger Martin Guise who is on the list of Company Directors in Leicester, he is also on the Electoral roll for Leicestershire, possibly Hinkley
Try Leicestershire Fly Fishing Assoc,the treasurer is Roger Guise.
There were only 2 Roger M Guise in UK birth records so worth a try.

westfieldjonn

Brummie babby
Hi again Dave. Not sure if I am using this site correctly as message I wrote earlier vanished -try again. Roger with a business partner opened a Insurance brokers in the Kitts Green area of B'ham for many years. At that time he lived in Lichfield. This is all of 20+ years ago when I last saw him. I remember that he was not well.Did you ever see the band.Roger was a great blues singer and harmonica player. Hope something comes up .Will keep trying. All the best Westfield

daverock

master brummie
Hi Westfield Did Roger ever fish I seem to remember going fishing with him to Amington & there is a RM Guise who is associated with a Fishing club, I have sent a message to the chairman of this society so now I must wait to see if I get a reply. When you say he was not well, in what way was this? Cheers. Dave

daverock

master brummie
I believe I am getting close to Roger now as the latest info I have is that he attended a Grammar school in Birmingham, which Roger definitely did as he was in my class. I wait for further info.

daverock

master brummie
Yes I did thanks Suzanne, it seems to be the right one but I just have to have confirmation from the Fishing club. Thanks for the leads!!
Dave

westfieldjonn

Brummie babby
Hi Dave, well done and fingers crossed ! Is your reason for finding him to do with a reunion of class friends? Mine is to renew the Band members so we will keep trying. With ref to him being unwell it was due to business pressure and working long hours .This was related by his partner who I think was German. Its coming back to me slowly !!

daverock

master brummie
Hi it is to get him together with old schoolmates & I have sent another mail to the contact I have telling him some things that would tell Roger that I am genuine from the info given. I hope this will make him phone me if it is the right one, I am convinced it is!!

daverock

master brummie
Hi I have been told now that the lead I was following up is not the Roger I am looking for, I am still a bit suspicious as all contact has been through a third party & maybe Roger doesn't want to be found. It seems strange that there were 2 Roger M Guises at Birmingham Grammar schools at the right time as it is such an unusual name but I have to give up on this one now & move on to my next old school pal to try & find. Thanks to everyone who helped.

westfieldjonn

Brummie babby
Hi Dave, good try and at least a reply from the Fly Fishing Association-Sadly not our man. I'm not giving up !! Also it is not another Guise in Somerset. He rang me back 6 months ago. Keep in touch. Westfieldjonn