• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

ROBINSON William & family

R

redgum

I am looking for the 1871 census form for William ROBINSON and his family

William ROBINSON b 1829 Upper Arley, Staffordshire but also uses Birmingham when residing in Birmingham.
Wife -Susannah b 1831 Birmingham
Children
Mary Ann b 1851 Birmingham
John b 1854 Tipton Staffordshire
Emma b1856 Tipton Staffordshire d1857 Tipton Staffordshire
Emma Maria b 1858 Tipton Staffordshire
Elizabeth b 1860 Tipton Staffordshire
Caroline b 1862 Birmingham
William b1865 Birmingham
Samuel 1868 Birmingham
Thomas b1869 Birmingham
Annie b Sept 1871 Birmingham.

Annies birth certificate has them living at the back of 99 Farm St, St George sub district, 14th Sept 1871.

The family has a tradition of transcription errors and are inconsistent with ages and places of birth.
I have other census forms with these references
1851 HO107 2058 676 23
1861 RG9 2041 20 39
1881 RG11 2999 130 20
1891 RG12 2392 63 12
1901 RG13 2840 33 9
I also have Susannah and 2 grandsons in the 1911 census.
I am hoping to find reference to the missing 2 children of the 12 that Susannah states she had in the 1911 census.
Also my Great Grandmother Caroline’s birth certificate is elusive, so I am wondering what reference the 1871 census gives to her age and birthplace.

Hoping some kind person has better skill than me and can find them.
Thank you
Robyn

kmt123

master brummie
hi this could be him living with his brother

Name: William Robinson Age: 44 Estimated birth year: abt 1827 Relation: Brother Gender: Male Where born: Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Civil parish: Birmingham Ecclesiastical parish: St Jude County/Island: Warwickshire Country: England Registration district: Birmingham Sub-registration district: St Philip ED, institution, or vessel: 7 Household schedule number: 54
George Robinson 48 Sarah Robinson 46 William Robinson 22 Joseph Robinson 19 Jane Robinson 13 Samuel Robinson 11 Mary A Robinson 8 William Robinson 44

R

redgum

Hi Kmt123,

Thank you for your help with my missing family. :)
Sorry I did not see your reply until today. I have had computer problems so the notification must have been one of the emails I lost.
I am familiar with this William Robinson and unfortunately he is not mine.:(

I think there may be missing 1871 census returns for the St George area as there are others I can not find in 1871 that should have been living nearby. They were a close knit lot and the same families seemed to live in close proximity on all other census years. They are all missing in 1871!
It is the vital year for me to find siblings of my great grandmother but I guess they don't want to found just yet.

I appreciate you looking and posting your reply
Many thanks
Robyn

B47

Hi Robyn
I guess this information may be too late but just in case it’s of any help: William Robinson born in Upper Arley was my great, great, grandfather and his son Samuel was my great grandfather. I have a marriage certificate for William and Susannah Holder who married at St. George’s church Aston 1[SUP]st[/SUP] December 1850, his father John Robinson remains a bit of a mystery all though I did get some information from another tree on Robinsons living in the Upper Arley area in the 1700/1800’s.