• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Robinson Joseph

Les

master brummie
Trying to trace details of parents/grandparents of
Joseph Robinson Born approx 1838/40 Halesowen

Married Emma Green July 1872 Halesowen

Lived in Long Lane Quinton 1872-1900 approx

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Les

Josephs Parents and family in1851

Name:Joseph RobinsonAge:50 Estimated Birth Year:abt 1801Relation:Head Spouse's Name:HannahGender:MaleWhere born:Oldbury, Worcestershire, EnglandCivil Parish:The Hill Ecclesiastical parish:Halesowen County/Island:Worcestershire Country:England Street address: New England
Registration district:Stourbridge Sub-registration district:Halesowen Household MembersNameAgeGeorge Robinson4 Hannah Robinson46 Joseph Robinson50 Joseph Robinson15 Mary A Robinson1 Samuel Robinson13 Sarah Robinson11 Thomas Robinson6 William Robinson17

In 1861 they are still living at The Hill in Cockshed Lane, But no sign of Joseph senior Hannah shown as W, (widow)
Wlm is 26 Joseph 24 Saml 22 Sarah 19 Thomsa 17 George 14
John 3 months Gson.

Still at The Hill in 1871 now the district is called Blackheath and the are in Long lane, no sign of Hannah

William, Head 36 Rivet maker. Joseph Brother 34 Nail maker. Saml, brother 32 Mary Ann sister 22 Hannah 7 sister

1881 still The Hill, now called New England

Joseph Head 43 Emma Wife 27 Alice Dau 4 William Son 3 Weeks

1891 Now called Quinton but still The Hill
Joseph head 53 Ag Lab Emma 37 Nail maker Dau Alice 15 Joseph son 8 George Son 5 Emma dau 1

Now Halesowen The Hill, they are living in New England
Emma widow 46
Joesph son 19 Labourer at Tube Works
Geo son 14
Emma Dau 11
Arthur Gson 4

I can't find Joseph snr in 1841. It's possible that it is mistranscribed and hiding somewherre.

Fantastic !!

Thankyou so much for all the informatin that you have obtained for me.

Les.

A Robinson found

Whilst searching my own family tree I came across an EMMA ROBINSON (42)
living (or visiting?) her Father JOHN BOTT (69) with her daughter MARY T ROBINSON (17)

The address was 8 CHURCH ROAD NECHELLS. (1881 census)

I think her husband was GEORGE ROBINSON and they married 1860.

Hope this is useful for a ROBINSON fan ;)

I've just found another Robinson, my wife's just walked in..

Back