• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Robinson Harris Stych

Lynda Harvey

Brummie Born and Bred
I am researching my paternal grandparents who lived in Vicarage Road around the turn of the 19th century. Would love to find memoribilia of that time. Have been looking at the Aston site which brings back so many memories. Grandand Alfred was a Harris and Nan was a Robinson. Her father was Richard George and he also lived on Vicarage Road. Would love to hear from anyone with any connections
Lynda

Lydna: Just thought I would send you this information in case it was relevant to your research. Isobel - -
WW1 CEF soldiers-view original enliistment papers online

https://data4.collectionscanada.ca/...canada.ca/archivianet/02010602_e.html&r=2&f=G
Names: STYCH , HARRY Regimental number: 817928 Reference: RG 150, Accession 1992-93/166, Box 9405 - 31
alias Henry Charles (Smith)
Soldiers of the First World War

Names: STYCH , HARRY
Regimental number: 817928
Reference: RG 150, Accession 1992-93/166, Box 9405 - 31

Birth certificate says 10-12-1900

Names: SMITH , CHARLES HENRY STYCH , HARRY (SEE)
Regimental number: 817928
Reference: RG 150, Accession 1992-93/166, Box 9020 - 27
Search terms : " : 2=1 : 1=STYCH.FNM1,FNM2 ,FNM3,FNM4. : " References: 1 - 4 of 4 : Last update: September, 2005

Names: STYCH , WILLIAM HENRY
Regimental number: 1494 , 2700784
Reference: RG 150, Accession 1992-93/166, Box 9405 - 33

Born Birmingham - Sept. 9th, 1892 nok wife - Katheline Stych

That really was a suprise! All my Stych family from Vicarage road in the 1901 census were girls. I really should expand on the Harris and Robinsons in the first world war, as I am sure there must be some info. Thanks all the same. It was fascinating to read.

:angel: Lynda Hope this helps...

1891 Census
Enumeration District 63

Civil Parish of Aston, Eccl. Parish of Ss Peter & Paul

107,53 Vicarage Road,1,Francis Stych,Head,M,32,,Labourer,Employed,Birmingham Erdington Warwickshire,,
,,,Rosanna Stych,Wife,M,,24,,,Birmingham Warwickshire,,
,,,Alice Stych,Dau,,,3,,,Aston Warwickshire,,
,,,Eleanor Stych,Dau,,,1,,,Aston Warwickshire,,
,,,Rosanna Stych,Dau,,,5m,,,Birmingham Warwickshire,,
,,,Mary A Wood,Boardr,W,,60,,,Birmingham Warwickshire,,

(I have a few other Stych families in the area too, that I found while looking this up for you. If you want them let me know by PM or email).

Chris :angel:

Back