• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Robinson / Harris family

crazyparks66

My great aunt lived in birchwood road, but dies in balsall heath or west midlands i could really do with some help please can someone advise me if someone died in this area where are they likely to be buried or cremated i have done almost a complete seach over birmingham and have drawn a blank, another random one my grt aunt died and the house was left to a none family member the contents of the house were never cleared out would the have gone into storage or dostroyed?? from when my gt aunt died in 1986 the house was never sold until 2017.
thank you in advance for any help or advice.

hi crazyparks66 i would imagine that the contents of the house would have been sold or whoever owned the house would have arranged a house clearance and unless you can contact the none member of the family and ask it could be difficult to find out what happened to the contents...are there no family members who attended her funeral?? it may help us if you gave us her name but it still could be difficult find out where she was buried or cremated...did she definately die in balsall heath obtaining her death certificate would confirm this...also what cemeteries and crematoriums have you contacted so far ..i am also moving this thread to the correct section of the forum which is surname interests where you may get more response

lyn

I'm not sure how you have searched but many more recent burials are not online. Also no cremation records are online so you would need to contact Yardley, Perry Barr and possibly Robin Hood separately for those.
As Lyn says - a name might help.

Back