• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

robin hood cinema

stupots

Hi years ago there was a robin hood cinema in hall green , We new the manager slighty and i was playing in a band ,and he asked if the band could play at one of the viewings of summer holiday , and i think duel of champions, does anybody remeber this ,would be nice if any photos still around or programs, we played in front of the screen ,only about 4 or 5 foot gap scary,
thanks

stupots

The Robin Hood cinema (and the Rialto) are featured many times in this thread:

Yes I remember the Robin Hood it had double seats in back rows and showed lesser known films, afaicr. Wasn't really a good building for its Waitrose conversion but I did use that store for a time as it was on my way home from work. I remember seeing The Happening "a 1967 Columbia Pictures film with the song by Supremes released as a single... the movie flopped but song peaked at number 1 on Billboard Hot 100..." (Wiki).

Hi years ago there was a robin hood cinema in hall green , We new the manager slighty and i was playing in a band ,and he asked if the band could play at one of the viewings of summer holiday , and i think duel of champions, does anybody remeber this ,would be nice if any photos still around or programs, we played in front of the screen ,only about 4 or 5 foot gap scary,
thanks

stupots
Hi Stu, my name's Sam, I work for Flatpack Film Festival, I hope you're well? I'm currently working on a research project called Wonderland, with a particular focus on the Robin Hood Cinema. I'd love to chat more with you about your experience of playing with your band, it sounds like a brilliant story and a really interesting part of Birmingham's cinema history! If you'd be happy for a chat then please do drop me an email: [email protected]

Hi Stu, my name's Sam, I work for Flatpack Film Festival, I hope you're well? I'm currently working on a research project called Wonderland, with a particular focus on the Robin Hood Cinema. I'd love to chat more with you about your experience of playing with your band, it sounds like a brilliant story and a really interesting part of Birmingham's cinema history! If you'd be happy for a chat then please do drop me an email: [email protected]
Hi and welcome to Birmingahm History Forum. Member stupots was lst seen here in May 13, 2020 and has only made this one post. You may try and send a conversation message

Back