• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Robbins Family

S

sajones

Hi! I noticed that Robbinabobin posted messages last year about her ancestors John and Pamela Robbins who lived at 108 Bell Barn Road, Birmingham in 1861. My husband's ancestor was Robert Gough who gave his address at marriage (17 May 1865) as 108 Bell Barn Road. He was a Bridle Maker and in 1871, a Pocket Book Maker (like John Robbins) living at 2 Bristol Road. Robert Gough married Matilda Ashton and later, Alice Fenney. On his marriage cert, he gave his father's name as William Gough, a gardener. In all census, Robert's birth year is around 1848 London Middlesex. I cannot find him in 1861 or 1851. I am hoping he is connected to the Robbins family and that as Pamela Ann Crew (John Robbin's wife) was born in London about 1833, there might be a connection there. I saw that the marriage cert was purchased by Robbinabobin. I would love to know Pamela's father's name and occupation so I can pursue this further. Robert Gough was supposed to have an ancestor who was Mayor of London.
Please contact me if you have any information. My husband's grandmother is 102 yrs old in Sept and would love to know of Robert Gough's origins. Her father was Samuel Harry Gough born 1868 Birmingham. He ran away to America when quite young much to the chagrin of his family.
Thanks very much,
Judy Jones

Back