• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Rip Ray Thomas Of The Moody Blues

very sad news....RIP RAY THOMAS..part of one the best bands ever and they are brummies

Last edited:
The Moodies, one of my favourite bands. I have all there albums since there transformation after Go Now, starting with Days of Future Past. Seen them many times, first time at The Belfry in 1970 with Ray in the line up, and last time at the Genting Arena in 2013.
I believe there name was partly arrived at because in there early days they had residences at M & B pubs around Brum, so used these initials to think of a group name. Not sure how true that statement is, can anyone confirm?
RIP Ray, top man.

Saw the original line up in East Grinstead Sx, around '65 or so...and more recently the Days of Future Past 50th anniversary tour.
Dave A

R.I.P. Ray Thomas. Great Musician and Songwriter.

The Moodies, one of my favourite bands. I have all there albums since there transformation after Go Now, starting with Days of Future Past. Seen them many times, first time at The Belfry in 1970 with Ray in the line up, and last time at the Genting Arena in 2013.
I believe there name was partly arrived at because in there early days they had residences at M & B pubs around Brum, so used these initials to think of a group name. Not sure how true that statement is, can anyone confirm?
RIP Ray, top man.

Yes, it's true about the M&B.
I must admit I really only liked the original Moodies when Denny Laine was was the lead singer, Go Now was a brilliant single.

mike pinder was born and grew up in chingford road the road next to where i live...i know one of his rellies and he visited his old house a few years back...i believe he attended christ the king school at warren farm road kingstanding....nights in white satin to me is an iconic song.
lyn

Back