• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

RIP PHIL

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
just before christmas phil put his trust in a handful of people not to divulge his condition to anyone else...we have all kept our promise to phil...

so it is with great sadness and sorrow that i can now let the forum know that today we have managed to find out that phil has passed away after a difficult few months battling lung cancer...

a member and ex moderator since 2008 phil supported this forum very well..always happy to help and no thanks needed...i really cant think of many forum meet ups he did not attend and future meet ups will not be the same without him...i shall raise a glass to him at the next one...if by any chance any of phils family may look into this forum on behalf of all its members and the team please accept our sincere condolences ..phil was a true brummie and a true brummie historian and a well respected member

phil hated his photograph being taken so out of respect i will not post one...instead i will post a star

RIP phil you are going to missed but yet another brummie star will light up the sky

star in the sky.jpg

just before christmas phil put his trust in a handful of people not to divulge his condition to anyone else...we have all kept our promise to phil...

so it is with great sadness and sorrow that i can now let the forum know that today we have managed to find out that phil has passed away after a difficult few months battling lung cancer...

a member and ex moderator since 2008 phil supported this forum very well..always happy to help and no thanks needed...i really cant think of many forum meet ups he did not attend and future meet ups will not be the same without him...i shall raise a glass to him at the next one...if by any chance any of phils family may look into this forum on behalf of all its members and the team please accept our sincere condolences ..phil was a true brummie and a true brummie historian and a well respected member

phil hated his photograph being taken so out of respect i will not post one...instead i will post a star

RIP phil you are going to missed but yet another brummie star will light up the sky

View attachment 146799
god bless you phil.. rip mate you will be sadly missed by a lot of people:sob:

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about Phil. It seems whenever I've searched for a photo on the Forum it's been one posted my Phil. He actually found one for me that really meant a lot. God Bless you Phil.
Lynn.

A major part of this forum; always willing to dig deep to find answers and always there to enrich our understanding of Birmingham history. You’re missed Phil. Thank you for all you’ve done. RIP.

Viv.

Indeed, a sad loss. He was a great guy who was extremely knowledgeable of a rich Birmingham historical past. He was always willing to share his knowledge and also his amazing photo collection.

So sorry to hear the sad news. Phil's information and photos were always interesting. My sincere condolences to his family. R.I.P. Phil we will miss you.

View attachment 146799
God Speed and bless you Phil, for all the support and guidance over my short tenure at the Forum. You will be sadly missed!

I am very sorry to hear this news, but I have to say I had a feeling that all was not good for him. Lyn's initial post and star brought a strong feeling of sadness for me and although I never met Phil and am sure I would also have enjoyed a pint with him.
He joins the wonderful former posters here that, as the caption rightly points out 'Gone, but not forgotten'. I do not know the legacy that Phil leaves behind him, I am sure it is a remarkable. His BHF legacy says volumes about him.
RIP +++

So sorry to hear about Phil. It seems whenever I've searched for a photo on the Forum it's been one posted my Phil. He actually found one for me that really meant a lot. God Bless you Phil.
Lynn.
yes whatever pic i asked for he found it. it was amazing. bless him.

Back