• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

RIP MAURICE (sospiri)

R.I.P. Maurice, we're going to miss the you a lot.
Some people come into our lives and make very little impact but in your case you made a great deal of enrichment to all who knew you and respected what you, stood for i.e. kindness and fairness and for that I thank you very much.
Good bye my Brummy brother and I am missing you already...

Oh so very sad news of Maurice although I’ve never met him and it was so nice that we were distant cousins through marriage. Rest in peace Maurice
Toni

Eddy (Ted) Haynes passed very unexpectedly, a while ago. was a very close and personal friend of mine, that I got in contact with, after many years through this BHF, for which I am very grateful. Eddy, was a musician and knew about Maurice from all his dealings in the music industry, I know, once again many thanks to this BHF. they also became very good friends. Maurice volunteered, to look into many of MY family members and he provided me, with what must have taken him hours and hours of research, information that I have and would not have had, without his efforts. Maurice Emailed me, a while ago and told me about his problems with his prostate and cancer, also that he was going to have surgery, He did NOT want to make a fuss about it, because it was bad enough as it was, without us all feeling sorry for him. I never met Maurice, but he was the "Jewell in the crown" to me, He will be sorely missed. Also, my many, many thanks, to all of you with the BHF. I raise my glass to all of you!!!

So sorry to hear such sad news. I've not been a member long and yet Maurice always seemed to help. My thoughts are with his family.

as some of you know maurice had been ill for some time..he came home from hospital a few days ago but had to be admitted again 2 days ago...it is with a very heavy heart i have to inform all of you that maurice passed away this morning...maurice was not just a friend to us all but he was always willing to help others especially with their family ancestry and had been a bhf member for many years... maurice (an aston lad) was unable to read our messages of support on another thread but his wife jan was able to relay them to him so he knew we were all thinking of him....View attachment 167995

my condolences to his wife jan and all of the family

rest in peace maurice we are all going to miss you and tonight another brummie star will light up the sky

lyn x
So sad to hear this. Rest in peace Maurice.

Eddy (Ted) Haynes passed very unexpectedly, a while ago. was a very close and personal friend of mine, that I got in contact with, after many years through this BHF, for which I am very grateful. Eddy, was a musician and knew about Maurice from all his dealings in the music industry, I know, once again many thanks to this BHF. they also became very good friends. Maurice volunteered, to look into many of MY family members and he provided me, with what must have taken him hours and hours of research, information that I have and would not have had, without his efforts. Maurice Emailed me, a while ago and told me about his problems with his prostate and cancer, also that he was going to have surgery, He did NOT want to make a fuss about it, because it was bad enough as it was, without us all feeling sorry for him. I never met Maurice, but he was the "Jewell in the crown" to me, He will be sorely missed. Also, my many, many thanks, to all of you with the BHF. I raise my glass to all of you!!!
We raise our glasses to you John!
With much appreciation and thanks!

maurices wife jan has now been able to read all of your messages via the link i sent her and has asked me to send her heartfelt thanks to every one of you and that she is coping but is missing maurice as are we all

lyn

Am so so sorry to hear this very sad news. RIP Maurice I always enjoyed reading your posts. Sincere condolences to your family. xxx

I have talked often with Maurice over the last two years and chatted about lots of interesting things, gardening, life in Greece, weather , his love of music and playing in the band, our families and so much more, I feel I knew Maurice although I had never met him, he was a friend and a gentleman and I will miss him. I only heard the sad news about Maurice recently through a letter from Jan, I will miss writing to Maurice . Sincere condolences to Jan and all the family. xx

Very sorry to hear about Maurice. I chatted to him a lot about things in the past, and Crete, Greece where he lived.

I'm sure the forum was a great link to Birmingham and he enjoyed having that link. Must mean a lot when you are so far away.

Rest in peace Maurice, love to his family too.

Back