• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

RIP JENNYANN

yes very sad news indeed...i had the pleasure of meeting jenny a couple of times when she flew over from canada for our forum meet ups..also one of our longest serving members..joined july 2002...jenny was very kind to me some years ago when my life was so very tough and sent me flowers as a cheer up...i still have the card...things like this i never forget... i think quite a few of us will remember the talk jenny gave at the bartons arms meet up some years ago..my sincere condolences to jennys family on the loss of such a lovely lady

RIP JENNY...ANOTHER BRUMMIE STAR LIGHTS UP THE SKY

LYN XXX

star in the sky.jpg

Last edited:
Very sad news indeed. Always a wonderful contributor to the Forum in many ways, not least with thoughtful and courteous service as a Moderator.

My condolences to her family if any of them reads this thread. I hope they do. We, like them, will never forget her.

Chris

Another shocker to the system, like most I have known Jennifer for many years and like everyone else I can honestly say she was a lovely lady to talk too, never a nasty word about anyone, she will be missed not only on this forum but all the others she was a member of....thoughts are with her family ....

Sad news indeed. I think was originally from Erdington, she certainly had a passion or the place and often posted photos on other social media platforms about Erdington.

Such sad news. I never met her but felt a connection through her Erdington memories. You’ll be sadly missed. RIP Jenny and condolences to the family. Viv. x

Such a lovely lady and a delight to listen to, so glad I had the pleasure to meet her. A true daughter of Birmingham. RIP.

I remember meeting a couple from Canada a few years ago at a meet in the Bull, I still have the Canadian pennant she gave me, I gave them a framed painting of the Bull, not sure whether this was Jenny. Anyway my sincere condolences. Eric

So very sad , although we started on BHF around the same time and were moderators together we never met .
I shared many messages with her, both of us recalling our past in Erdington.
She will be sadly missed, a real lady.
RIP Jennyann.

So sorry to hear the sad news, always loved reading about her memories of Erdington. My condolences to her family. R.I.P.

I remember meeting a couple from Canada a few years ago at a meet in the Bull, I still have the Canadian pennant she gave me, I gave them a framed painting of the Bull, not sure whether this was Jenny. Anyway my sincere condolences. Eric

no eric that was not jenny...

lyn

Sad news indeed, though I never had the privilege of meeting her, I remember her earlier posts well. My sincere condolences to her family. RIP.

Maurice :cool:
Helo Sorry to be a nuisance bus does anyone know what Jenny Ann surname was. I was a Sunday School and Church with her but cannot remember the surname. Fentham

Fentham,

Given that we can calculate Jenny Ann's birthday from the information that we originally received, then there are 11 possible surnames that could have been that of Jenny Ann, one of which was VENVILLE (mother's maiden name WELCH). I couldn't find an obituary in local BC papers, but I find did this, which from the signature on the bottom, seems to confirm that that was indeed her surname:-

Maurice :cool:

Last edited:
I'm sure it was Nicol. But that would have been her married name of course and Maurice's article tells us that it was formerly Venville.

Chris

Helo Sorry to be a nuisance bus does anyone know what Jenny Ann surname was. I was a Sunday School and Church with her but cannot remember the surname. Fentham

if we read the link maurice posted jennys maiden name was venville

Are we talking about " Jenny Anne who used to one of our moderators. if so i think her name was Mc Nicoll "

Back