• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

RIP JENNYANN

So sorry to hear the sad news, always loved reading about her memories of Erdington. My condolences to her family. R.I.P.

I remember meeting a couple from Canada a few years ago at a meet in the Bull, I still have the Canadian pennant she gave me, I gave them a framed painting of the Bull, not sure whether this was Jenny. Anyway my sincere condolences. Eric

no eric that was not jenny...

lyn

Sad news indeed, though I never had the privilege of meeting her, I remember her earlier posts well. My sincere condolences to her family. RIP.

Maurice :cool:
Helo Sorry to be a nuisance bus does anyone know what Jenny Ann surname was. I was a Sunday School and Church with her but cannot remember the surname. Fentham

Fentham,

Given that we can calculate Jenny Ann's birthday from the information that we originally received, then there are 11 possible surnames that could have been that of Jenny Ann, one of which was VENVILLE (mother's maiden name WELCH). I couldn't find an obituary in local BC papers, but I find did this, which from the signature on the bottom, seems to confirm that that was indeed her surname:-

Maurice :cool:

Last edited:
I'm sure it was Nicol. But that would have been her married name of course and Maurice's article tells us that it was formerly Venville.

Chris

Helo Sorry to be a nuisance bus does anyone know what Jenny Ann surname was. I was a Sunday School and Church with her but cannot remember the surname. Fentham

if we read the link maurice posted jennys maiden name was venville

Are we talking about " Jenny Anne who used to one of our moderators. if so i think her name was Mc Nicoll "

I don't know how I came to miss the report of Jenny's death in November, but I am truly sorry she has gone. As other members have said she was a lovely person, I remember meeting her at the Bartons Arms on one of her visits, and when Ray died she sent me a lovely bouquet of flowers which was such a thoughtful, kind gesture. RIP Jenny Ann, and condolences to the "laird".

Back