• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Richmond Terrace Ashley Street

gingerninja

knowlegable brummie
I would be very grateful if anyone can pin point the location of 4 Richmond Terrace in Ashley Street.

I know that the Jones/Capper family were living there in 1909 - 1911.

Many Thanks

Richmond terrace was on the north side of Ashley street, which ran between Bristol Street and Gooch St. After looking at the electoral roll and Kellys I'm pretty sure that Richmond terrace was the one marked in red. No idea of the numbering within the terrace
mike

map_c_1913_Richmond_terrace__ashley_st.jpg

Hi Gingerninga

My maiden name was Capper, my father was born in Wrentham Street in 1908, my granddad passed away in about 1956 aged 69 approx. His name was Frederick Capper as was my dad.

The Frederick Capper that we beleive is our relative in 1911 was living in Wynn Street, with wife Adnes and sons Frederick and Leslie. Frederick Cappers mother was a Sarah Jones and his father was a William Capper, we do not believe they married. Frederick had a brother George, sister Daisy, and step sisters, Alice,Rosa,Annie and Lily born Kings Lynn). I believe he had a couple more sisters. Frederick was born in Cheltenham about 1888. In 1911 George, his brother was living in Ashley Terrace with Lily his step sister and a Percy Champken (the husband of Alice).

I hope this helps.

gingerninja

Hi gingernija

My father had a brother Leslie and a brother George, dad as I have mentioned was Frederick Thomas William he was nan and granddads firstborn, Leslie came next, uncle George somewhere further down the line. It seems rather a coincidence that the names are the same as if there is a family connection somewhere. Was your Frederick's wife called Agnes and how old were Frederick and Leslie in 1911 and how old were Agnes and Frederick in 1911.

My Grandad Frederick Capper married agnes Capper both born about 1887. They Had 5 living sons IE My dad Frederick. Lesley. George. Sydney. & Victor. Also 3 Daughters. IE Doreen. Winifred. & Irene. Dad was born in Wrentham Street in 1908. The family also lived in Mcdonald Street & and a couple of other houses in the same area. Then moved to Mary Street off Balsall Road while dad was still young. They lived there until the late 1930s when the sons & daughters met their partners & started to get married.

Back