• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Richardsons of Thomas Street, Aston Manor

C

chambers6

Hi
Please could anyone look in Kellys Directorybetween 1903 and 1906 for residents of Thomas Street Aston Manor? I am looking for Fritz Wild and Josephine Richardson, who lived at number 61 when they were married in December 1906 at the Register Office in Aston Manor. Anybody know where the Register Office would have been? I cannot find anything on the web.

He was German and a hotel cook and Josephine was an Ivory Button Carder. Thanks very much for all help.

Floss

Hi There
I Think At That Time Of Period In The 1900S
The Registra Office Was In Colmore Row It Would Have Been Situated Where The Central Libary Stands The Road That Ran Along That Stretch oF Lengh Of The Libary
They Was A Street f Red Brick Victorian Building It Was Virtualy Facing The Fountain In
The Sqaure And Across From The Very Old Libary It Could Have Been Called Colmore St
And Around The Block There Was A Pub Called The White hORSE Hotel
I,m Sure Some Of Our Old Boozers Will Recall It And Put It Right If I Am Wrong
But The Reg , Office Was Called Colmore , Best Wishes ASTONIAN ,;;

Last edited:
Thanks very much to all for your efforts and details. very useful info indeed.

Still hoping to track down a Kellys directory or something similar. Want to know when Fritz came to the UK and thought he might be listed as a resident in a Kelly's somewhere. They were definately at Thomas Street in 1906 so he must be listed somewhere.

Thanks again
Floss

Floss
Had a look at the 1904 and 1912 Kellys, but unfortunately 61 isn't listed
mike

Last edited:
OK Thanks for this.
It's like trying to track the Scarlet Pimpernell.....

Floss

Thomas street would have come under Aston for Births and deaths 116 Victoria road, Superintendant registrar marriages 205 Vauxhall road.
all areas had there own local registrar till they came under the mantle of Birmingham 1911

Back