• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Richard Ware and Henrietta Maria mnu

jumper

Brummie babby
Hi and hoping someone may be able to help. Am trying to find at least a marriage certificate for Richard Ware and Henrietta Maria mnu. Richard was born about 1750 and Henrietta M about 1753. Their death dates are unknown. The information I have are from ancestry members but regarding these two there is not much. Two members have Henrietta M as Henrietta Maria Turner and her father John Turner and one member has mother as Mary Guest and another member has Rebecca Goodall (which I don't feel Rebecca is correct as none of their daughters, g/daughters and so on have any Rebecca's. They have their marriage year as before 1773 and according to most Richard came from Birmingham and Henrietta Maria from Warwickshire. There is no information on who was Richard Ware's parents. The marriage produced eight children - Richard John; Charles Edward; Sarah; Richard Hoddinor; Henrietta Maria; Gustavus; Amelia and William; and all, apart from Richard Hoddinor (born Coventry, Warwickshire) (baptised at St Michael, Coventry) were born in Birmingham and baptised at either St Martin or St Peter and St Paul. One of their sons, Gustavus, was my g/g/g grandfather and he married Frances Dean (born Portchester) on the 27 Dec 1811 at St Mary's. Gustavus was a diamond cutter. A grand-daughter of Richard and Henrietta Maria; Frances Jane Ward (my g/grandmother) had the "habit" at times to use the surname Taylor - once when she married at age 18 in Akaroa, NZ and another time when one of her daughters Charlotte Rosannah (my grandmother) was registered. There are no records of any other marriages for Frances Jane and Frances Jane is in the passenger list in 1856 as Frances Jane Ward. Am hoping I can find either a marriage certificate or birth certificate for Henrietta Maria (Turner???) but have been unable to and sometimes wonder if maybe Henrietta Maria was a Taylor before marriage as besides me and some of my family we cannot see where the name Taylor originates. A member on ancestry wondered if maybe Frances Jane was adopted as the marriage between her parents only produced Frances Jane but not sure about that. Frances Jane was born 10/10/1849 and baptised on the 10/11/1850 at St Martins. I am from New Zealand but living in Australia and hoping someone can shed some light for me to search parish records etc. Thanking very much in advance for anyone who may be able to help me. Cheers and Regard, Judy

This doesn't answer your question but there is a death of a Henrietta Maria in 1834 (birth is given as 1745 but that may not be very accurate). The burial is at St Martins on 11 May and she is given as a widow. I can't read the file as it is index only. Baby Richard John seems to have died in 1884 and is also buried at St Martins.

Janice

Thank you so very much Janice and I did see a death index for Henrietta Maria and thought that must be her but was not 100% but with "bewdley" adding Henrietta's burial page it definitely is "my" Henrietta. This site is unbelievable when it comes to records in the Birmingham, Warwickshire district., so much help and kindness. Thanking you so much again.
Judy

Thanking you so very much "bewdley" for posting Henrietta's burial page. As I mentioned to "pjmburns" this site is so unbelievably amazing!
What I cannot understand is how come I never found it on ancestry! I spent hours/days off and on looking for burial details as well as birth and marriage details and never got anywhere.
When I turned my computer on this am I noticed the three replies and the marriage and burial certificates from members. Am so grateful.
Thanking you again, Judy

Yes it sure is "Carolina" and thank you so very much for posting their marriage certificate. Like I mentioned to the above posters, why could I not find it on ancestry when I was searching for their marriage certificate and not just in the Birmingham area(s) but also other/most parts of England! But anyway once again thank you so very much for your help.
Judy

Judy there does seem a lot of info on Ancestry including photos. Because you are in Australia and the info is about UK do you have the worldwide subscription?

Hello Jumper,
I hope you will get a message when I write this message as I would love to get in touch with you. John Turner had only daughters, one of which was Sarah Turner, who 1776 married Thomas Whieldon (the famous potter of Fenton Vivian township, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire). This couple are my gr-gr-gr-gr-grandparents.
I have found that John Turner's wife was Rebecca Goodall. I found his will, which was proved in London 1781, but he died in 1780.
You can find some files on my English ancestors on my web-page: www.dannebrog.biz -

Last edited:
Back