• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Richard Hiron Or Hirons

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi badpenny..think we will need a bit more info than just a name..ie when born..where lived...married or single or anything you know about him may help with research

all the best

lyn

badpenny

Deleted Upon Request
I don't know much about Richard Hiron just started to investigate the who/when/where so not much to go on yet.

He married a Matilda Philpot in Birmingham June Qtr 1847, hence my request for any 1851 census info.

pjmburns

master brummie
No - I think he married Ann Pocket. If you find the list of marriages in 1847 it doesn't pair the couples up - it just tells you who is listed on the page. I did find the marriage register at St Martins.

Janice

Attachments

• Richard Hirons 2.jpg
    Richard Hirons 2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Richard Hirons.jpg
    Richard Hirons.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 8

pjmburns

master brummie
If that is correct then I think he is on the 1851 census (transcribed as Heron on Ancestry). By then he has 2 children with Ann. Mary aged 3 and Elizabeth aged 11 months. He is a labourer and was born in Cannon in Gloucestershire. Address looks like William St. ct 16 (very hard to read). He is on the 1861 and 1871 censuses as Hirons. I also think the baby Elizabeth must have died as in 1861 there is another Elizabeth aged 3 (quite common using same name again in those days).
Janice