• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Revo Park Lane Aston

L

Little Duck

Hi,
Does any one remember the Revo Factory in Park Lane, not far off Aston Cross.

My mom used to work there years ago now and if any one out there has any info I would be very pleased to hear about it.

Cheers
Little Duck.

I used to work in the offices part time of a small company called ALVIC in Park Lane, it was situated on the left hand side of Park Lane coming up from Aston Cross and was between Thomas Street and Sutton Street, almost next door to the little church/mission hall, the name of which escapes me at the moment although I went there quite often with my friend as children. It was around 1961/63 when I worked there. I wonder if this is the company where your mother worked.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply it sounds like the company you worked for is the same building, but just a change of name.
I also went to Sunday School at the chruch/mission hall. But that was early part of the 1950's
The lady who took our class was I think called Miss. Whitehead she was blind and she did live near Six Ways.
With regard to my mom I am going back abit 1933, well before your time laughter.

Thanks again

Little Duck

Hi Both
The 1964 Kelly's gives ALVIC as 187 Park Lane, with no REVO mentioned. The 1940 directory gives CORO Oil & Rubber Co as being at 187.

Mike

Hi Little Duck welcome, you may like to IM this lady June Moorby who is a member of the site, she may be able to help with more info'
(Her last visit October 29th, 2007, I think there are other members though who may know her) :
June Moorby nee Genge ....
John William Genge worked at Mulliners, Bordesley Green he met June’s mom while she was working at the Revo Park Lane and they married on the 10th June 1933 at St.PaulsChurch in the Jewellery Quarter.

This is a quote from an artical on 'The Aston Through Astonmanor' Site.

Pom

I know I am a few years to late with this one....I walked past this building hundreds of times when I was a young lad born not to far away from here......Hint: Look at the upper windows .....
321463_10151420223083377_1031897735_n.jpg

There are days when I can be remarkably thick, as opposed to the days when I am just thick.

1) I see nothing in the rules about attempting to answer a query, no matter how old.
2) No-one had taken the query away, thereby preventing a response.
3) Are Revo and VEVO related subjects?

As a recent joiner I am anxious neither to cause offence, nor to break the rules, but I do take part in a forum elsewhere which encourages respondents to clear the oldest questions first if possible.

John,

By all means revive old posts, new posters and new information are always coming to light. Most famous for resurrecting old posts is Pete aka mw0njm. The only outfit with a similar name that I am aware of is Revvo Castors in Christchurch, Dorset, but I don't think there is any Brum connection there. Anyone whose status is shown as Guest is no longer a member, but could still be lurking in the background. Hovering over someone's username will tell you when they last logged in.

Maurice :cool:

The photo by Aston Lad shows a building in which Arthur R Price (I don't think this has any connection with an Arthur Price who was in the cutlery trade) is in the shopfitting and car parts business. His trade name seems to be VEVO.

John,

By all means revive old posts, new posters and new information are always coming to light. Most famous for resurrecting old posts is Pete aka mw0njm. The only outfit with a similar name that I am aware of is Revvo Castors in Christchurch, Dorset, but I don't think there is any Brum connection there. Anyone whose status is shown as Guest is no longer a member, but could still be lurking in the background. Hovering over someone's username will tell you when they last logged in.

Maurice :cool:
thanks our Maurice. :grinning::grinning:

There are days when I can be remarkably thick, as opposed to the days when I am just thick.

1) I see nothing in the rules about attempting to answer a query, no matter how old.
2) No-one had taken the query away, thereby preventing a response.
3) Are Revo and VEVO related subjects?

As a recent joiner I am anxious neither to cause offence, nor to break the rules, but I do take part in a forum elsewhere which encourages respondents to clear the oldest questions first if possible.
[/QUOTE
i love to resurrect old posts.:laughing:

Last edited:
The question was asked, and Revo was such an unusual name which was quite frequently found that it seemed worth a punt. Is there a policy on archiving antiquities?

Thanks for reviving the Thread as I was born in Park Lane. In 1918 Arthur R Price (Aston Manor) VEVO Works, Park Lane advertised for Women as brass tube polishers and men as toolmakers and setters for brass capstan lathes.

There was a REVO Electric Co., Tipton in 1959 that was taken over by English Electric.

Last edited:
The Revo company was started around 1910 by Frederick Reeves and my Great Great Grandfatyer Septimus Vaughan (or maybe by my Great Grandfather Ernest Vaughan). Ernest founded Vono,makers of beds etc. vono stood for Vaughan Only, No Others and it seems that Frederick Reves added RE to VO.
IMG_3359.jpeg

Jason Vaughan

Back