• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Restoration of KDZ 5805

Thanks Lyn, Sorry to say that Charlie's appeal has been adjourned to a date unknown, which is a bit of a shame but life's a bit like that.
Hope things went better for Tom.
Cheers Tim

Thanks Lyn, Sorry to say that Charlie's appeal has been adjourned to a date unknown, which is a bit of a shame but life's a bit like that.
Hope things went better for Tom.
Cheers Tim

hi tim hope things soon get sorted for charlie....toms just on his way not to the next test which last an hour and half (still has another one to pass after this one)...fingers crossed...but as he said if he does not pass he will just keep taking it until he does...he said to say thanks to everyone and he will post something asap...hes been busy swotting up for the exam..

lyn

Last edited:
Hi all, I passed! I am now a fully qualified driver!

Thank you everyone for your support and kind comments

Tom

well done son...you got there:encouragement:

any chance of a forum charabanc trip to the seaside next summer...

mom xx

Last edited:
Well done Tom. Now you can call your mom a twirly when she tries to get on your bus in the morning and says " Am I to early"

Nice to see Tom driving a real Routemaster today - and to show him progress on KDZ 5805!

Talking of routemasters, if anyone is in the area local to Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire next July 18th/19th 2015, you may like to call in to visit Woodhall Spa' 1940's weekend where we have a routemaster taking people for rides.
I know that the routemaster was not a wartime bus, but it's the only vintage bus we have attending at the moment.

just like to say congratulations to our tom....after a few months of being a cleaner and part time driver he is now a full time bus driver....knew you would get there son...well done..

mom x

Back