• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Restoration of KDZ 5805

Thank's everyone! I still have one more test which is next Monday and it basically tests you on the daily occurrences of bus driving... should be fine! and a days classroom work on the 26th then I'm all set! Can't wait!

Tom
You mean having some idiot walking into the road and hammering on the door at traffic lights, hoping you'll let him on, or a useless woman complaining that she has to collapse her wheelchair , containing only her shopping, to let a wheelchair on ?

You mean having some idiot walking into the road and hammering on the door at traffic lights, hoping you'll let him on, or a useless woman complaining that she has to collapse her wheelchair , containing only her shopping, to let a wheelchair on ?

lol mike..im sure our tom can handle all these little annoying things...having a son with access to coaches and buses could be an advantage...i feel a forum trip to the seaside coming on ha ha..good luck for next week tom..

mom

hi folks..well ive waited 7 years to see this...our tom on the road at last (unladen of course until hopefully he passes the next exam on monday) well done son you have worked hard since you were 15 to get this far and your patience is now paying off:encouragement:...just a few pics i took today of him trundling around kingstanding in the routemaster as happy as larry lol...

TOM ON THE ROAD 12.11.14 001.JPGTOM ON THE ROAD 12.11.14 002.JPGTOM ON THE ROAD 12.11.14 004.JPG

Last edited:
That is wonderful, never thought I would be keen to see photo's of a Big Red Bus, mind waited often enough for a Midland Red to Elmdon Heath to see my Mom's folks.
So proud of your boy Lyn and justly so!
Cheers Tim

hi tim hope you are well...yes im very proud...tom is getting there now...talking about the midland reds i can remember getting on the 112 (well i think it was the 112) from town to go to my aunts caravan at fradley junction...used to spend weekends there as a youngster...happy days..

lyn

It's a big day tomorrow for Tom and our son Charlie.
Charlie is applying for the return of his licence which he lost for Drink Driving. He could have applied long ago but he chose to defer.
Fortunately he was not guilty of causing any accident or injury to anyone, he was stupid and drove when having lost his right to and copped it fair and square.
He now needs to drive as he is the carer of his girl friend who is a victim of crime who was left for dead by her attacker. Eddie will require treatment for the rest of her life and requires the use of a wheelchair which complicates travel by public transport and taxies.
Charlie himself is in poor health so they would really benefit by having a car and incidentally he is 49 and Eddie 52.
So lets hope we all get good results tomorrow.
Thanks for asking Lyn my wife and I are OK (for the state we are in!) and trust this finds you likewise.
Cheers Tim

It's a big day tomorrow for Tom and our son Charlie.
Charlie is applying for the return of his licence which he lost for Drink Driving. He could have applied long ago but he chose to defer.
Fortunately he was not guilty of causing any accident or injury to anyone, he was stupid and drove when having lost his right to and copped it fair and square.
He now needs to drive as he is the carer of his girl friend who is a victim of crime who was left for dead by her attacker. Eddie will require treatment for the rest of her life and requires the use of a wheelchair which complicates travel by public transport and taxies.
Charlie himself is in poor health so they would really benefit by having a car and incidentally he is 49 and Eddie 52.
So lets hope we all get good results tomorrow.
Thanks for asking Lyn my wife and I are OK (for the state we are in!) and trust this finds you likewise.
Cheers Tim

tim we are non of us perfect and never to old to learn from our mistakes and move on..i wish your son charlie and his girlfriend eddie all the very best for the future...

lyn

Last edited:
Thanks Lyn, Sorry to say that Charlie's appeal has been adjourned to a date unknown, which is a bit of a shame but life's a bit like that.
Hope things went better for Tom.
Cheers Tim

Thanks Lyn, Sorry to say that Charlie's appeal has been adjourned to a date unknown, which is a bit of a shame but life's a bit like that.
Hope things went better for Tom.
Cheers Tim

hi tim hope things soon get sorted for charlie....toms just on his way not to the next test which last an hour and half (still has another one to pass after this one)...fingers crossed...but as he said if he does not pass he will just keep taking it until he does...he said to say thanks to everyone and he will post something asap...hes been busy swotting up for the exam..

lyn

Last edited:
Hi all, I passed! I am now a fully qualified driver!

Thank you everyone for your support and kind comments

Tom

Back