• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Restoration of KDZ 5805

hi tim what a lovely post and sound advise as well....tom was most upset when tried but failed to keep the bus himself...just nowhere within his tight budget to store it after he lost his last storage place which he could just about afford...wonderful to know that its still about and being looked after very well by other enthusiasts...

lyn..(toms mom)

Thanks for the update Lloyd. Time I paid a visit to the Museum.

Our final operating day of the year is always a good event-
SUNDAY 12th OCTOBER
- In October 1914 Birmingham Corporation and private bus company Midland Red introduced a non-competition agreement that lasted 60 years. To mark that centenary, we’ll be running many of our Midland Red and blue and cream Birmingham City Transport/ WMPTE exhibits - lots of opportunities for bus rides.

Ahh, the better the job the better the end result I say! I will be away for that weekend in October unfortunately.

Great advice Tim, I have another vehicle lined up for preservation, by the time it is withdrawn in a few years I'm pretty sure I'll have the money to buy and care for it! It is a bus that I happen to clean weekly at work, immaculate underneath!

Tom

You hang in there Tom, I'm sure that you have what it takes to make it a reality.
The last few years of my working life were spent as a cleaner, which a few in my circle thought was a bit of a comedown but when I look back I think they were some of the best times. You meet many different people, some right up themselves but some were the salt of the earth.
Enjoy your life son and follow that rainbow. Bye the way what is the new apple of your eye?
Ps Luv to your Mom

hi tim tom has asked me to apologise for the delay in replying to you he will be on asap...he has been so busy lately but just to let you know that in the last 2 weeks hes has passed his bus theory and hazard perception tests so he is now on the way to hopefully becoming a driver:encouragement:...next step will be the bus training..

all the best

lyn..toms mom...

Thanks for the update and good for Tom to be on his way to being a qualified driver.
It's not at all likely that I will ever be back in the UK, but if I do I will see what the chances are of a ride on his bus.
The wife says that I am to stress that it is very ,very unlikely so Tom is not to worry.
Cheers Tim

That depends on when (don't say "if"!) you return, Tim. The intention is fully operational, 2-3 years should see it done, as it is fitted in amongst other things.

Well as you say Lloyd not may be If but When, 2-3 years will see me coming up for 80 so it could maybe be a rolling party in KDZ 5805!

Thanks, have my PCV test at the end of the month. 2/3 years is a good target. Should get a custom destination blind printed for your 80th Tim!

Tom

just like to say well done son we are all proud of you....tom has passed his PCV test today..still a way to go yet but hes getting there:encouragement:

hey charlie...its just struck me... as tom works for a bus company we wont be stuck for transport in the future for meet ups difficult to get to lol

Yes, well done Tom. Hope you have many thousands of happy miles pass under your feet at the wheel!

Thank's everyone! I still have one more test which is next Monday and it basically tests you on the daily occurrences of bus driving... should be fine! and a days classroom work on the 26th then I'm all set! Can't wait!

Tom

Back