• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Restoration of KDZ 5805

thanks folks...tom has been working towards this since he was about 14 he will be 23 in november so has had to be patient...i reckon his dad would have been proud of him as am i...i wonder if this would be a good time to put his housekeeping up lol

lyn

Last edited:
thanks mike and phil....tom has the tamworth to lichfield route...nice little run i would think...

Enjoy, I spent many years as a PSV/PCV driver both coaches and service vehicles and enjoyed the vast majority. Always remember how proud my Mother was when I started at Stockland Coaches as mechanic back in 1964, wish she were still with us now.

i know our tom does not visit the forum much these days as very busy but he has come a long way since i started this thread..would just like to say good luck with the new job son....he starts working for arriva buses today:)

lyn

thanks everyone..i will pass on your good wishes to tom...what a time to start working for another company and have to learn new routes just before christmas lol.

lyn

Well done Tom, hope you will be happy there.
KDZ is coming along well, it's taken a while but work is now well under way.

hi lloyd i will pass on your message to tom...it was induction day yesterday...today hes out with other drivers learning routes...have a good christmas lloyd and all the best for the new year..

lyn x

New lower panels made and fitted, both sides. Seat backs & cushions out for reupholstering in correct moquette, seat frames being painted.
New exhaust system fitted, new brake air hoses made & fitted.
Will go for MOT spring 2017, then respray into original silver & blue colours, then main work done!

DSCF1768 - Copy.JPG

Nearly two years since the last update, but a bit further on. Windows all refitted in new mounting rubber; New tyres fitted all round; Rear axle oil filler refitted (it had been plated over!!) and the oil changed; Seat frames painted & fitted and cushions & backs reupholstered in the correct pattern moquette. Driver's seat currently being done; ticket issuing equipment and radio system fitted; steam cleaned underneath; many other smaller jobs done as well. There is some steel welding to be done on the chassis, engine & gearbox oils & filters to be changed then hopefully the respray can take place.

thanks for the update lloyd...our tom has got this week off work so i will get him to read your post when he gets up im sure he will be pleased that his old bus is being looked after:)..have a good christmas lloyd

lyn

Back