• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Requesting 1891 look up please

Twirls

master brummie
Searching for Sarah J. (Jane) Brown born 1876 Aston. She is not living with her father Joseph and stepmother Sarah and siblings in 1891. Any help much appreciated please.

Thank you,
Twirls

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
Searching for Sarah J. (Jane) Brown born 1876 Aston. She is not living with her father Joseph and stepmother Sarah and siblings in 1891. Any help much appreciated please.

Thank you,
Twirls
twirls have you checked the deaths just in case..

lyn

Twirls

master brummie
Hi Astoness and Barrie,

I have no idea if she married so young and I have checked the deaths but there is nothing there that would matches her age. I'm wondering if she could have been living with her mother's family. Their surname was Martin. Her mother was Jane Martin born bet. 1842-1848 in Walsall, Staffs. Could you look again please?

Thank you
Twirls

Twirls

master brummie
Lynne,

I missed this one when I checked the deaths. I don't know if this is her but the age and name match. Her own mother died between 1881 and 1888. I suppose if she can't be found in 1891 then it is a strong posssibility.
Twirls

lynne webb

master brummie
Twirls, without the death cert. you cant really be sure but it seems very likely it could be her.
Lynne.