• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Requesting 1891 look up please Aske

Twirls

master brummie
Looking for Walter Cyril Aske born 1865 in Walsall and family in 1891 Aston or Birmingham. Could someone look him up please?

Thank you

Twirls

master brummie
I seem to be hitting a brick wall with so many deaths connected to the Brown family and I was hoping that I could do Elizabeth Brown's marriage by elimination. I was trying to determine if this Walter married Elizabeth Brown in 1889 as there are several possibilities for marriage. Is there any other way of knowing his wife's name?

Thank you for looking,
Twirls

smtr

master brummie
There is a probate record where his wife Elizabeth Aske is mentioned

His death 13 Mar 1890
The will of Walter Cyril Aske late of the city of Lichfield was proved at Lichfield by Elizabeth Aske of Mill Green Farm Aldridge near Walsall.
Personal Estate £115 10s

Suzanne

smtr

master brummie
Twirls

Forgot to say that his will described him as "county court clerk"

Suzanne

Twirls

master brummie
Thank you Suzanne, well it this seems he did marry an Elizabeth Brown but I have no way of knowing if it is my Elizabeth. There are several possibilities for a marriage for Elizabeth Brown and I just don't know which one to go for. She is on the 1881 census with her parents but is not with her father and stepmother in 1891. I assume she was married. I then looked at marriages between 1885-1889 and there are a few Aston/Birmingham. One of which was Walter Cyril Aske. A long shot really but I have nothing else to go on.

Any suggestions anyone or should I keep trying each of the marriages?

Thank you for the info.
Twirls

smtr

master brummie
Twirls

OK so if you know her father's name you could probably discount this even though she isn't at the address as it is the one mentioned in Walter's will.

In the 1891 census at Mill Green Farm
Robert Brown Junior b1864 Middleton Warwickshire - farmer
Keziah Brown born 1863 wednesbury - wife
Robert Brown senior b1833 willingham lincolnshire - farmer and his wife Mary E Brown born 1831 Aldridge
John Brown born 1874 Middleton - farmers son
Plus servants and some visitors Elizabeth Clarke & henry Parker both single

Suzanne

Twirls

master brummie
Suzanne,

Thank you but this doesn't look to be the family. I don't recognise any of the names either. Her parents were Joseph and Jane Brown.

Twirls