• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Replacement Attachments Old & New Brum Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm the Phil you are quoting, all your PB images are visible to me apart from some in the newspaper thread but I think they have a different problem. On Saturday I could see the other Phil's images but today I cannot. Maybe yours will be ok.
oldmohawk (Phil) :)

mike post 49...from what phil said as long as you are under the 3rd party hosting limit then our PB images will not be removed by PB...obviously i must have gone way over the limit...i think its an absolute disgrace the way they are just removing images that i have posted on this forum...:mad:

Mike

To which images are you speaking of can you give me a link and I'll take a look? I've just replaced quite a few images on the "another old pub" thread and they were definitely missing from there. All your images on that thread are in position so yopu have no broblems there, but Lyn has quite a few missing.

Lyn

I'm going to record the post numbers here to save you having to sift through all the pages like I've just had to do.

245, 296, 371, 395, 413, 698, 699, 700, 701, 702, 713, 715. Only 12 posts, which wouldn't be so bad if most of the posts didn't have 4 or five images.

Demolition Phil (well I have to distinguish you both (!))
It was the other Phil I was meaning to reach. will hope not too many people access my ones on Photobucket, but will try and replace some time. As I said above, have started with the one mentioned
Mike

Members/Robots/Guests only have to have a post with a Photobucket image on screen and a signal goes off to the PB server.
Lyn's 'Old Street Pics' must have kept them very busy. I am retrieving Lyn's pics in the 'Another Old Pub' thread and will make thread similar to other 'Lost Pics' threads I have recently created thus making it easy to see exactly where they need to be reinserted into the posts at some future time. I'm using Google to get the pics out of Photobucket and using the multi uploader in Coppermine.

Last edited:
Perhaps someone can advise me of the best and quickest way of removing all my images from PB so I can close down my account. I don't need to retrieve any of the images as I have them in storage and backed up on a plug in drive. I only ever joined PB so that I could upload images to this forum.

I've been re- organising the Birmingham Markets section and a couple if days I created (for example) the Flower Sellers thread here https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/flower-sellers.47961/

When I created this I moved the posts made by Phil (demolition) in the Bull Ring pics thread to the new thread Flower Sellers complete with his photos - two were Phyllis Nicklin photos. Today when I looked they'd gone and have been replaced by the Photobucket message. Is this because Phil (demolition) has niw closed his account? Viv.

viv
Post 34 says that they seem to have got to Phil, and most of his have now been replaced by th ePB message

Viv

I have now replaced the images you mention, as I said if you come across any more let me know. By the way I haven't closed my PB account yet, I'm still trying to find as quick way of deleting the images I have on there.

morning folks...would just like to say a big thank you to old mowhawk (phil) for retrieving my deleted PB images..phil i know its taking you some time to do this and i really dont think i would know how to do it so thank you...when my son has time he is going to remove all my stored photos from PB and i shall close my account with them...

They were just two posts that I chose at random, all of them have gone. Maybe only replace any of them as and when someone asks to see a particular image. I think Photobucket's price of $33 per month for 3rd party hosting means they do not want to continue with it and they are now simply a site for image uploads and downloads.

I have been deleting all my images from Photobucket in whatever spare time I have had over the last few days. What a game fighting adverts and captcha at every click of the mouse. It's obvious to me they are making it as hard as possible for anybody who wants to do likewise. Even when I come across the odd photo that for one reason or another that I no longer have a copy of and I decide to download it instead of deleting it with the album you can bet 30% of the time the downloader doesn't work and to get it to work you need to log out and log back on again. I'm still only about halfway through the task.

To be honest i never heard of philiss nicklen until my neibour and friend whom you know as Bryan of used to be kings heath
until he stopped doing told me of philliss and her site of photographs we i logged into and got and seen them all
a thousand of them new and old from the forum of yester years they are fantasic even going back to the early 19 00,s
So now i am very happy now Astonian,,,,, Alan,,,

alan a lot of research on phyllis nicklin has been done on this forum for the past 2 or 3 years and we do have the phyllis nicklin archives under the MADE IN BRUM section of the forum that you may find of interest

lyn

284 lost Photobucket pics have been recovered and put in the temporary threads from where they can eventually be moved to their original locations which are identified. For the time being links in the first posts of the original threads can point to the temporary threads where the pics can be viewed by anyone who wants to see them.
Lost Photobucket Pics In 'old Street Pics' Thread (226 images)
Lost Photobucket Pics 'courtyards And Yards Of Brum' (22 images) (now restored)
Lost Photobucket Pics 'Birchfield Road Perry Barr' (9 images) (now restored)
Lost Photobucket Pics from 'Pubs Of The Past' (27 images)

The replacement images are saved in the BHF Image Host (Coppermine) and are of a type which can be copied and pasted into their original locations. The replacement threads have copies of the original posts complete with comments so the posts could be copied complete with pics and pasted using edit into the original posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back