• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Replacement Attachments Old & New Brum Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
Hopefully this board is now fully repaired with all the attachments that we were able to replace now replaced. I'm sorry but quite a lot had to be deleted for various reason, but I have no doubt that the ones deleted will make their way back onto the forum over the years to come. Of course there is a chance that some got missed, so if you come across any please let me know the thread and thread number.

Great work Phil. Re. ones that have to be deleted, thats my feeling too. A major contribution to a sharper and interesting forum. Big thanks Phil. Viv.

many thanks from me too phil..that must have been a major time consuming task

lyn

I think the 'Original Artwork' thread needs attention and sorting out. For example I have clicked on 'Aston's Pics', 'Bob Houghton's ', 'Catkins Art' and 'Greywolf' and nothing, presume they disappeared when all our pics went and have never been replaced, DI Poppets have been replaced (and what wonderful watercolour sketches they are !!!). I spent a whole day replacing mine. Just a thought. Eric

Eric

I have the same problem with trying to replace original artwork as I do trying to replace personal photos, I just can't do it and now after five years of them not being replaced I have no choice but to delete the post or thread. I do understand that some posters have difficulty with the technical side of replacing images and that is why I always give a couple of months notice before I take this action. I will always replace the images myself if given copies.

Phil, I appreciate your problem and sympathise. I was not complaining because I understand the difficulties. Would it be possible to remove their names, save people 'clicking' on them and seeing nothing, are they no longer members ? Eric

Eric

In the normal course of events I would delete any thread that does not contain any other interesting or important information that hasn't been restored by the original poster in the last five years as I reached them but, if you give the names or links to the threads I will take a look at them now for you.

Hi Phil, there is a list of 9 names on the 'Original Art' thread and only 2, Stitcher and DiPoppit have bothered to replace their Art work, maybe the other 7 are no longer members, it is a long time ago

On the subject of forum images I notice that over 200 photos would simply disappear from this 'Old & New Brum Pictures' forum if the Photobucket went out of business or if accounts at Photobucket were closed.

Also I was looking at the 'Old Street Pics' thread this morning and this is what I saw at 8.45am on my laptop and it was the same on a my iPad .... hopefully it is just a temporary glitch at Photobucket. I have seen it happen temporarily before, maybe Photobucket are running a backup at this moment.
Screenshot (60).jpg

Good point Phil (Oldmohawk). While tidying up threads I've also seen many missing Photobucket photos. A large box with no image available appears. They're not missing due to the hacking as they're after that time. So those ones must be due to, as you say, closed accounts. Viv.

i stopped posting photos this way a long time ago but if anyone spots any of my photobucket photos that are missing please let me know and i will see if i can replace them

lyn

can someone post me the link to the old street pics thread please...search engine is taking forever this morning...

thanks

Hi Phil, there is a list of 9 names on the 'Original Art' thread and only 2, Stitcher and DiPoppit have bothered to replace their Art work, maybe the other 7 are no longer members, it is a long time ago

Eric

I have looked at a the posters on the Original Art threads and as far as I can see the majority of them are still members and although they may not have posted for a while they are still logging on to the forum (even as recently as today). As I would normally give a couple of months notice before deleting a thread to give the poster the opportunity of replacing their attachments. In this case I will message them individually in the hope of getting a quicker result.

Last edited:
hi shelagh photo bucket is just another way of posting photos....the wall you mentioned sound interesting...did you take a photo of it

lyn

Why are people using Photobucket (whatever that is) when you can simply click on 'Upload a File', right click on your file/image and click open ?? Simple, even to a non tech idiot like me. Eric

phil as you know i posted an awful lot of photos via photobucket on the old st pics thread after the forum was hacked 2011 and photobucket have now removed all my images from this forum:mad::mad::mad:...sorry folks but i cant afford that sort of money to upgrade my photobucket account to reinstate them ..so glad i did not use them for very long to upload photos on here...

lyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back