• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Renenhan

tracetheface

proper brummie kid
Hi im new to this site but i need some help.My grandfathers name was Timothy dennis Renenhan and known to many as Jim,he lived with my nan in Heath Street in the 70s,can anyone shed any light on this as i dont know whether he has more family in Birmingham,he was originally from Kilkenny

In 1955 there was a Timothy and Barbara Renenhan living at 36 Claremont Road according to Electoral Rolls.

Timothy D REnenhan married Barbara V Bosson in Bromsgrove in 1978.
There are 2 children born with mothers maiden name as Renenhan/Bosson
Susan 1951 and Paul in 1953.
There are more children Renenhan born in Birmingham/Bromsgrove but their mothers maiden name is Renenhan.
this sometimes happens when children are born to couples who have lived together for a long time and the woman has 'taken' the mans name on legal documents.
I have a feeling that some of the later ones may not belong to the couple as Barbara was born in 1928.
1952 Linda K
1955 Annette
1956 Denis
1963 Anthony
1967 Joanne Donna
1970 Jason
1972 Craig
1974 Tracey
1976 Trevor Francis ( I like that one)

Afraid the only way of knowing which of the later children are those of this couple is to order birth certificates and stipulate that
parents must be Timothy and Barbara that way you will not have to pay for incorrect ones.

Barbara Victoria Renenhan nee Bosson was born in 1928 ,died in 2003 Redditch
Timothy Denis Renenhan was born in 1917 died in 1984 Bromsgrove.

Last edited:
Timothy Denis Renenhan was married previous to this
He married Jessie Webb in 1937,born 1916 she died in 2003 in birmingham.
Their children Renenhan/Webb
1937 Stephen J
1939 Brain D
1944 Patricia E
1947 Caroline A
1948 Michael
1951 David J
1952 Kathleen

wow,,.thank you so much,,where did you get your info from?ive tried looking up Timothy Renenhan and find a blank.you have totally amazed me.now how can i go further back and find out about his past before he married,apparently he was in the war and was captured by the japanese,also he was born in kilkenny but im interested in finding out who his parents were and if he had any siblings,any help would be greatfully appreciated

Hi, I have tried to get results from Irish census 1901 and 1911 and cannot find the name Renenhan.
I will put a request on an Irish board and get back to you.

HI Alberta ;
have you chcked the cencors for hearth street winson gren for the early years of the forties and fifties
as there was a renahan living down there in the sixties and seventies

HI Alberta ;
have you chcked the cencors for hearth street winson gren for the early years of the forties and fifties
as there was a renahan living down there in the sixties and seventies

hi,,this is my grandad and we know he lived in winson green but he came from ireland and im trying to find out his parentage,thanks

hi tracethe face
yes going by what alberta as said in her listing of the names these are the same family as linda and annette
was the sibblings living in heath street winson green as i knew this family very well
and i was told that linda married a guy in the solace family and annette had married a williams
and to my informant they both had broken marrige from here husbands mrs renahan was a good looking lady her husband
drove a big car and they was both strict with there sibbling it also the other member was a big tall lad i think he was tim;
i last seen them in the sixtys and early seventy; i knew phil from our younger days at upper thomas street school
and later i met them both much to my surprize we was friends and his parents came from the same neck of the woods as my mother
face ; it would be brillient if you was to track the family down i have reason to beleive one or the other is living
in or around closely to bromscrome as i sen phil carrying one of the kids on his shoulders when one day i was in asda at bromsgrove
because he was a distance away from me i could not speak to him ;
but these are the same family you are after going by alberas listing ogf names from winson green at it definately heath street
as i have stated previously ; best wishes astonian ;; alan ;

hi tracethe face
yes going by what alberta as said in her listing of the names these are the same family as linda and annette
was the sibblings living in heath street winson green as i knew this family very well
and i was told that linda married a guy in the solace family and annette had married a williams
and to my informant they both had broken marrige from here husbands mrs renahan was a good looking lady her husband
drove a big car and they was both strict with there sibbling it also the other member was a big tall lad i think he was tim;
i last seen them in the sixtys and early seventy; i knew phil from our younger days at upper thomas street school
and later i met them both much to my surprize we was friends and his parents came from the same neck of the woods as my mother
face ; it would be brillient if you was to track the family down i have reason to beleive one or the other is living
in or around closely to bromscrome as i sen phil carrying one of the kids on his shoulders when one day i was in asda at bromsgrove
because he was a distance away from me i could not speak to him ;
but these are the same family you are after going by alberas listing ogf names from winson green at it definately heath street
as i have stated previously ; best wishes astonian ;; alan ;
hi,,annette is my mother,and linda is my auntie,,yes linda married phil sollis and my mom married john Burchell.i see all my family but my nan and grandad(Renenhan) are both deceased and my grandads history is very vague,i cant seem to get anywhere on my family tree without more info on him,i dont know whether he had brothers or sisters,and im getting rsi trying to find out his parents names,im also trying to find out my nans tree,again,i dont know where to begin,Tracey

HI Trace
many thanks for coming back so soon and i am very sorry that you lst two great people in your life but i am very glad to hear that you are annettes daughter ; and that linda is your aunt as i have said previously we was great friends i hope that you will pass on the message to your mom and of course your aunt linda that you have contacted with some[one from there past; my name is alan; especialy to your aunt linda ;
trace; now that i have given your grand dads name forewarded to living in heath streetand your grand mother ;
our special alberta will may be have some think to go on with your grand parents tracing thereback ground i am sure so if yu bear a little longer
with our members one or two will give you the answers you want beleive me
trace i have to go now but i will be waiting and watching for you i did know and met your grand parents as well and as i married into the irish commutity andhave resources i wil try and asked around for you okay so please be patient
and please give your mom; and linda my regards as i am sure they would be happy to hear my name
best wishes alan ;;; astonian

Tracey, I am reliably informed that there is no surname Renenhan in Ireland but there were/are Renehans in Kilkenny.
I am awaiting more info. and will pass it on to you.

Your Nans tree.

Barbara Victoria Bosson b. 1928 the daughter of Frederick Bosson and Gertrude Victoria Parker.
siblings
Edith N M b. 1930
Kathleen V b. 1931
Frederick J 1933
Florence C 1943

Frederick bosson born 1887 Kensington died 1952 Birmingham
his widow Gertrude born 1899 Meriden married George Bowker later in 1952
she died in Bromsgrove in 1981

1901 11 Acorn Street.Paddington
Jesse Bosson age 52 Swimbridge Devon Carpenter.
Barbara,wife,b. Barford Warks.
Frederick age 13 b. Kensington

1901 Hoggrills End.Nether Whitacre,(near Coleshill)

William Parker age 24 Waterworks Labourer
Sarah,wife, age 23
Gertrude Victoria age 1
Frances Maud age 2 weeks all born Nether Whitacre

My brother in law lives at Hoggrills End and I love the Waterworks building,the Victorians built them with a lot of style.

Last edited:
Births Jun 1928
Barbara V Bosson mmn Parker Birmingham N. 6d 506
Marriages Jun 1927
Frederick Bosson married Gertrude V Parker Birmingham N. 6d 1193

Frederick Bosson was born in London in 1887/88 and moved to 1 Arley Villas,Cape Street between 1901 and 1911.
1911 census shows him living there with his mother Barbara (nee Clarke).I can't see his father Jesse,he may be still alive then,as Barbara lists herself as married aged 65.(she had 7 children,4 had died)
On the 1912 Electoral Rolls, at the same address, just Frederick is listed.
The 1920/22 Electoral Rolls, at the same address, show just Frederick and his mother.
1925 at the same address shows Frederick Bosson and a Thomas Milburn.
1927 as above with the addition of May Milburn.
1930 at the same address shows Frederick and Gertrude Victoria Bosson and a Dorothy Mabel Bailey.
1935-1939 at the same address shows Frederick and Gertrude Victoria Bosson.
1945-1950 at the same address shows just Frederick Bosson.
In the 1881 and 1891 the surname is mistranscribed as Bossom.

Found another birth but this time RENEHAN
Maureen Renehan b. 1941 mother Webb.

If you could get the marriage certificate of either of the marriages ( Jessie or Barbara)it would give Timothys fathers name which we could search on the Irish census.
His marriage to Jesse Webb is entered twice once as Timothy Renenhan and then as Denis Reillihan but both with same index
September 1937 6d 1344.This will cost approx £9.50 from Birmingham Registry office,you can collect in person.

Last edited:
hi trace
just a quick looking at this info; regarding your nans surname could be related to the parkers and there was o parkers i beleived just yards down the heath street from your nans house and where your mom was brought up along with linda and the brother
incidently the tall lad i mentioned was it dennis ;i remember him as a tall kid thats your moms brotherand linda brother
your grand dad was invvd with civil engineerin i know that i cn pictur th smal type of a vechile he ued tohave with some knd of apparatus on the
back of the station wagon he used for work i am racking my brains out as to was the name was on the vechicle ; still it will come to me later
i received the request for you to be included on my forum list and i do except you as to beon freinds address as well;
because you are annetts daughter and becauseof linda whom was a very good friend of mine
and of your grand parents i hope we can keep in touch from time to time you can contact me at any time this morning
andi can recall your husband john from the area and some of his friends i was wondering how did you meet and how long have you been maried
there was a guy on here whom said he was married to your mom at one stage and said they are divorced along with lindas divorce to phill
but there again they was young to tell you the ruth trace i was the last boy friend to linda before she went out with phill
much to my surprize after parting i seen them walking up the green as i said i knew phil andhis family likehis parents knew mine
fom the same village in worc ; i myselfnow live in worcestershire phil started the same schol after i started there much to my surprized after leaving worcestershire from honeybourne eversham; to brum ; trace it was great to hear that you mom annette got married and settled down
along with linda your mom went out with an old friend of mine by the name of johny dunkly whom was a local lad from aberdeen stret winson green
johny was a very popular lad with all his tatoos sadly johny died at a very age a couple a couple of years later
if you mention this to your mom i am sureshe will remember johny ; but i will say she was only young in those days like with your aunty linda
we are all older grown up with our own kids yes ;;
well trace i have to shoot off now but i hope to hear from you more and i will try and get info on your grand father and moher ;
take care have a good day alan;;;; astonian

hi trace
did you receive my notifcation regarding my em ,today ;
as some times my comp; plays up ;
hope you are having a good day catch you later alan and fingrs crossed alberta willl come up with some think on for you
give my regards to your mom and aunt linda when you see them alan ; astonian

hi,,one child is missing,,,Barbara Bosson gave birth to a child in 1947 on the 2nd Dec,,his name is Patrick Brian Bosson,,now i understand this child was not a Renenhan but i cant find no record of him.i need as much info as poss on the father of this child,believed to be a man named Micheal or Martin Collins,any help is greatly appreciated.
Astonian,my mom is coming to stay today so i am going to show her all the messages and will get back to you later :eek:)

Back