• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

REMEMBERANCE DAY IN BIRMINGHAM 10th NOV 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
there will be a service at st philips at 9.30 ahead of the parade which starts at 10.30 and will run along colmore row

let us never forgot those who gave their lives for this country...

poppy fields.jpg

Last edited:
there will be a service at st philips at 9.30 ahead of the parade which starts at 10.30 and will run along colmore row

let us never forgot those who gave their lives for this country...

View attachment 138493
loverly pic that.i would love to go,but. i go to. caernarfon service every year......i dont suppose.it really matters were you go... You are Remembering those who made the ultimate sacrifice for others
1571986092030.png

Last edited:
thanks steve...our tom is just trying to work out where he exactly took them..will get back to you

lyn

Lyn
Thank you. A great find. Strange really that these pictures of stunning beauty are a reminder of such tragedy and suffering. Just to remind people that the volunteers at the former police Lock - Up facility on Steelhouse Lane have an open day on the 9th November which will have a remembrance themed. We will be remembering those former Birmingham police officers who joined the armed forces in both wars and die in service and also the 17 Birmingham officers who died at home due to enemy air raids. We are also due to have our friends from BARRA with us. In the early evening we have our talk on policing Birmingham in World War II. Much of the talk given uses fresh material from museum archives. For more information visit our site WMPeelers.com
Steve R

wish you well with the open day steve...i would loved to have been there but its my birthday on that day and i think i will have other things planned..

lyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back