• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Remember Lozell's Street in 1930's

J

jude b

Hello, I'm new to the forum.
Does anyone out there remember Lozell's Street in the 1930's?
Please get in touch!
Jude b

Chjajona

Brummie babby
Call I can comment is that my grandparents Gertrude & Leslie Fenton lived at No. 10 in 1930, would love to find out a bit more myself.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
Call I can comment is that my grandparents Gertrude & Leslie Fenton lived at No. 10 in 1930, would love to find out a bit more myself.
hi and welcome to the forum..sorry to say that no 10 no longer exists..it was demolished and new housing built on the ground..my gt gran also lived in lozells st in 1911 and luckily that house is still there

lyn

Chjajona

Brummie babby
hi and welcome to the forum..sorry to say that no 10 no longer exists..it was demolished and new housing built on the ground..my gt gran also lived in lozells st in 1911 and luckily that house is still there

lyn
Thank you Lyn, at least I can confirm that fact in my records. I will just keep searching and watching for any photos that may appear.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
later on i will search my old photo files and see if there is one of that end of lozells st before it was demolished...its a shame really because as far as i can tell all of the houses still remain apart from about 6 of them one being no 10 but i will double check this for you after dinner

lyn

Chjajona

Brummie babby
later on i will search my old photo files and see if there is one of that end of lozells st before it was demolished...its a shame really because as far as i can tell all of the houses still remain apart from about 6 of them one being no 10 but i will double check this for you after dinner

lyn
Thank you that's very kind.

Cheryl