• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Remains of Springfield brewery

mikejee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not Birmingham, but close. Also only remaining outbuildings (as main part is undergoing conversion), but possibly of interest to brewery fanatics:

Thanks for the link, Mike. I don't get into 28DL very often lately, but those are some excellent pics.

Maurice :cool:

Excellent photos. Some old items of interest such as the projector and the machinery. Viv.

Not Birmingham, but close. Also only remaining outbuildings (as main part is undergoing conversion), but possibly of interest to brewery fanatics:

i'd love to have a mooch around there . thanks mike for link

In the 60’s I had an amazing time exploring abandoned building in Birmingham before the phrase urban explorers was invented.

Only wish I had a camera in those days

Me too Pete. I’m drawn to abandoned buildings. Viv.
last time i went mooching in a old building like that.in nechells, found a room in the loft it had a door going onto the roof. in there were gas masks,haversacks fire fighting paraphernalia, and tea pot etc. i was in my oil-tot.:grinning:

Last edited:
In the 60’s I had an amazing time exploring abandoned building in Birmingham before the phrase urban explorers was invented.

Only wish I had a camera in those days
and me mort. most big buildinds/factories had old air raid shelters close by underground too. full of there old scrap goodies.

I grew up in a Butlers offy until the age of 10ish. Sunday lunchtimes I got half a pint of mild shandy, it put hairs on my chest, none on my head though, all gone. It seems to me that being introduced to alcoholic drinks in that way gives you both a respect for it, but at the same time removes the mystique so that you can enjoy your beer sensibly.

Back