• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Regent Motorways Redditch

What a fantastic website Bill Parker,
i remeber Regent Coaches well,
i,ve lived in Redditch for 20 odd years.
nice to see them again,regards dereklcg.

Im pleased you enjoyed it Derek, I remember them as they purchased some coaches from Gliderways Coaches of Bearwood and they used the same attractive birch grey/maroon livery.
They also purchased new coaches some with Harrington bodywork, like Gliderways. Whenever I noticed any Regent coaches they always seemed immaculately presented.

Thanks Bill for pointing us to that detailed Regent Motorways website. I'm reading it with great interest. There are so many local coach companies that are largely unknown or completely forgotten, so it's great to find such a comprehensive history.

I got into a "conversation" via the net with the chap who built the site and he kindly sent me the link once it was launched. I think he has done an impressive job with it. I should have posted the link earlier but better late than never.

My husband's first father in law was Ron Smith, a mechanic and driver for them. I've found some photos which I've sent to Mike. Thanks for posting this one Bill, it feels good to have the photos put to use. He asked me how I found the website so now he'll know it's up to you! Anne

My husband's first father in law was Ron Smith, a mechanic and driver for them. I've found some photos which I've sent to Mike. Thanks for posting this one Bill, it feels good to have the photos put to use. He asked me how I found the website so now he'll know it's up to you! Anne

hi anne my name is ron rudd and I worked with ron smiith at regents as a mecanic/driver in the early 70s he was a good bloke to work with and we had a lot of laffs he left regents to go to pickfords tank haulage in arthur st. I used to drive the quinton hazel works service from camp hill to reditch in the mornings.

May I suggest that the photo of LHA329 & KUY722 is not taken outside Needle Industries but outside the Concert Hall at Cadbury's Bournville factory?
My father was a member of the Bournville Male Voice Choir and every so often we would go on outings with the choir, normally using two of Regent Motorways Leylands and it could be that this photograph was taken on such an occasion.

May I suggest that the photo of LHA329 & KUY722 is not taken outside Needle Industries but outside the Concert Hall at Cadbury's Bournville factory?

Absolutely right, Novelty. The part to the left is now rebuilt, and the entrance doors canopy has gone but the four plates where the support beams met the wall are still there and the windows (one with a dummy balcony) are the same.

Compare the original to this present day picture

Lloyd
Other than the outside walls (which were supported during gutting), the entire buildings ,as seen on the photo (including the baths), have been completely rebuilt, and the inside bears no resemblance to the original
Mike

Im sure the site owner would be happy to modify the details on the site, why not contact him?

I have done already, with a link to this page. I was also able to tell him( Mike Butler) "The one you list as "SWP 722- The location looks to be a pub in South Warwickshire or Worcestershire; possibly Inkberrow, Alcester, Feckenham or Sambourne? Can anyone put me right on that? (Photo: Courtesy Anne Watton)"

Is actually outside the "Blue Bell" in Henley in Arden, seen much the same today here: https://goo.gl/maps/3pGh"

Mike replied and thanked me for passing the information on, sorry I should have said earlier.

I have just come across this site ans brought back a few memories, I did work for them in 1970/71, along with Roy Picken, Phil Taylor, Arthur from Avlechurch a couple of from Evesham way. and somewhere I have a photo or two of the coaches. I took delivery of a new Ford 53 seater. Phil. if I remember correctly drove a Caetano. Must look on Flickr. Dennis Mallett

Back